Sailor Moon English Dub Campaign

sailordees

Hikikomori
Hi everyone, I'm Sailordees and I'm the creator of Moon Chase, one of the web's biggest sites for keeping fans in touch with what is going on with Sailor Moon. Recently, Funimation has expressed interest in doing a re-dub of Sailor Moon. This is the first North American company in 5 years to seriously make any mention of bringing the series back for a possible return. Moon Chase has started a campaign to make fans' voices heard to Funimation and Toei about the cast and crew. We have a survey posted here along with youtube links with the old cast, and possible new choices from Funimation's current roster.

Now, you may be wondering, this is North America, but what does this have to do with me being in the UK? Simple. This will likely be the release that you will see in the UK if it happens in North America. And, many of you probably saw the English dub on TV and you have fond memories of the characters which the old voice actors have bought to life. We have currently had no survey respondents from the United Kingdom or Australia (where the same dub has aired), and the opinions of fans from these places would be taken just as seriously as those from North America - and in fact, it would put more pressure on Toei and Funimation to do a better job with the redub (or perhaps even re-release the old one in entirety again) since it will likely come to your markets as well.

Also, now would be a great time to contact the companies that were involved with Sailor Moon in the past in the UK to let them know of the current situation in North America.

So please, take a few moments and fill out our survey. We all promise that your votes will be included and sent to these companies (and later, the results will be posted to the site for full transparency). We all have to pull together to give this show the second chance that it deserves. Thanks for your time!

I doubt there will be a re-issue of sailor moon in the UK. In a previous event the responsible for its release in UK expressed his frustration with it by saying something on the lines "after sailor moon I promised myself to stay away from long series".

He eventually broke this promise up by releasing Slayers, but still it would be really nice to have a re-issue in America, which would mean that we could at least import.

Hi guys! A lot has happened, and since the last one ended we learned that it's going to take a lot to get the 5th season in English, so we have put up our last survey exclusively for Sailor Stars. We need a lot more from UK anime fans since Toei Animation began the revival in Europe, and we know you guys didn't get DVDs of the last two seasons at all. Also, in Europe and Japan the show is airing on premium channels that may not be available to you , and if you want to let the companies know that
you would much rather watch this on a channel that you can get easily (and why you want to watch it on this channel) this survey is also for you! Here's the link: http://moon-chase.blogspot.com/2010/02/ ... ailor.html .

We're really close to reaching our goal of 700 - we only have under 100 left to go, and we don't want to see anyone be left out this time around. Thanks again for your support during the last campaign!

Thanks to everyone for your help in reaching our minimum goal for surveys from the UK- we currently have over 100 surveys from the UK, and you have until Sunday to get yours in!

Back