Saikano - anyone seen it?

Miaka-chan

Stand User
I've been recommended Saikano to watch as a romance anime, problem is from the Viz trailer I've seen, it doesn't really tell me a lot other than She's the ultimate weapon of destruction!
Going by the trailer and the few snippets of info I've read, I'm not sure if this is really what I want from a romance anime, so has anyone here seen it? can you tell me a little more about it (without giving any storyline away!).
Thankyou :D

It's a high-school romance set in the middle of a huge war, and as you've noted, the main female character is the 'ultimate weapon'. A lot of people love it, and I think everyone else hates it; I'm one of the latter.

It's horribly angsty (which I'm not keen on anyway), but I couldn't empathise with any of the characters at all. (Partly due to it being in the middle of a war with everyone dying -- it's hard to want to get attached to a character that might die in a few scenes' time.) Watching a drama you can't empathise with is really just boring, so I didn't like it at all.

But then, as I said, a lot of people love it. I'd recommend learning to like tragedy first, though.

This seire is soooooo great i love every second of it. It made me feel drepressed for days and i found it really hard watching the last few eps but it was worth it. I know that in one of the fansubs of it it has a warning on the 2nd ep before the end that if you didnt want to feel really bad dont watch the next 2 eps just stop here as the next 2 eps will only bring heart arc and tears.
You should really give this anime a try.

Thankyou Valha!
I'm still not 100% certain if I want to spend £65 odd getting this series, as it's one of those annoying ones that has 3 eps per DVD and 1 DVD with 4 eps, so that's 4 DVDs for 13 episodes :cry:

Back