Review: Vampire Princess Miyu

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Forum regular Michelle Howarth has put her critical skills under the spotlight with a series review of MVM's Vampire Princess Miyu.<ul><span class="menu">What you have in Vampire Princess Miyu is a series of Japanese supernatural stories, all fairly dark and bleak, but with no over the top gore and only mild horror. I enjoyed the series throughout despite its flaws, and as long as you aren't expecting a happy story, you will too.</span></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=121">Read the full review.</a>

As always, provided you can string a few decent sentences together and we don't already have a review posted for the anime in question, we are more than happy to post visitor reviews. So if you feel like getting your opinion read by hundreds of your fellow anime fans, <a href="mailto:p[email protected]">drop me an e-mail</a> some time.

Looking at the Anime News Network encyclopedia entry for Miyu, I noticed it seems to be based on an earlier OVA series from 1988... Anyone seen it? Is it any good? Some of the artwork looks interesting.

I've seen both the OVA and Tv series. The OVA is a bit like the difference between X the movie and X the TV series (everything squashed into 4 eps instead of 26 eps!). The animation is almost identical (not quite as crisp as the 1997 version).
Really whether you watch the OVA or just the TV series is dependant on whether you want in depth character profiling or a quick story!!

I also have both the ova on vhs (only anime i have on vhs) and i got the r2 uk dvds of the serie. This seire is very dark and has so many plot twist that you will have no idear how its going to end. I like Both the OVA and TV seire the same as they both tell a different story which i like as if the TV was just retelling the OVA story it would be boring.

valha said:
I also have both the ova on vhs (only anime i have on vhs)
That made me smile!! I won't get rid of my videos, they're a big part of my collection and full of memories (some are 10++ years old!!) and I think I have around 500 :lol:

Well i only just started buying anime like 1 year and a half ago and Most stuff was being put on to dvd by then.

If I an find the OVA cheap I think I'll buy it, just to see the differences between the two . I like the artwork for it searches on the net have turned up.

Back