Review: Love Hina #6

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
I have tonight posted my review of MVM's Love Hina #6 (out now in the UK); the concluding volume of this "surreal romantic-comedy", loved by some, hated by others.<ul><span class=menu>"And so we reach the climax of Love Hina and while it's not exactly the closure I was hoping for, I still feel rather positive when looking back at these episodes and thinking about the show as a whole. It's an endearing, sentimental story about teenage life that quite literally goes no-where and everywhere at the same time. As much as I would love to see Keitarou and Naru properly get it together, I know that would make for some weird, slightly uncomfortable viewing anyway; obviously, this show just wasn't made for conventional romance."</span></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=96">Read full review</a>.

Yep, there are trailers for Full Metal Alchemist and GunGrave included. Both fairly decent too, especially the GunGrave trailer.

I was disappointed to see zero trailers on Kiddy Grade #7 though, surely the likes of R.O.D. the TV would appeal to the same audience?

Paul said:
I was disappointed to see zero trailers on Kiddy Grade #7 though, surely the likes of R.O.D. the TV would appeal to the same audience?
I cant remember any on vol 6 either. But there is a Easter Egg on KG 7. If your dvd player can change titles, then go to title 7. I have no idea what the heck it is though, due to no subtitles.

IanC said:
Paul said:
I cant remember any on vol 6 either. But there is a Easter Egg on KG 7. If your dvd player can change titles, then go to title 7. I have no idea what the heck it is though, due to no subtitles.

I found the proper way to the KG#7 easter egg. Go to the Extras menu and then click on the forehead of the weird thing being held by (*who I think is*) Luimiere. Be sure to turn English subtitles on before you click it.
It's basically some weird copyright warning which goes off track with one of the characters lusting after another. Quite funny in that uniquely Japanese way ;)

Paul said:
IanC said:
I found the proper way to the KG#7 easter egg. Go to the Extras menu and then click on the forehead of the weird thing being held by (*who I think is*) Luimiere. Be sure to turn English subtitles on before you click it.
It's basically some weird copyright warning which goes off track with one of the characters lusting after another. Quite funny in that uniquely Japanese way ;)
lol, im going to have to try that. Wonder if theres any others?

Anyway this is meant to be a Love hina thread lol

Shame the series ended, because the manga is much better with more of a plot, but great to see it finally out in the UK, courtesy of MVM, of course.

Love Hina is really a crude slapstick comedy, but I've found the manga the perfect way to get others to read it, 17 year olds and 46 year olds alike. Strange, considering the fanservice.

Back