Review: Love Hina #4

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Lately, Love Hina has proved to be something of a hit or miss series for me. Coming off the particularly disappointing third volume, MVM's Love Hina #4 has revived my interest in this series, even if many of the jokes are starting to wear a little thin! This was released in the UK yesterday!<ul><span class=menu>The repetitive, heavy-handed humour still dominates the core of Love Hina but we are given more of a personal and thus complex insight into the minds of the characters- endearing the viewer to the shy persona of Shinobu and for once, allowing Keitarou to be more than just a punch bag.</span></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=71">Read full review</a>.

where does 'love hina again' fit in? i heard somewhere that it was an inferior sequel, but then i've yet to hear bad things about the original (the older eps at least).

Yeah, I watched Kiddy Grade first too.

where does 'love hina again' fit in?

Apparently, Love Hina Again is a 3-part OVA that takes part after the TV series. It's not supposed to be too good without prior knowledge of the TV storyline but it is said to provide the story with some closure. Since Bandai have it though, I'm not holding out much hope for a UK release anytime soon.

Paul said:
Since Bandai have it though, I'm not holding out much hope for a UK release anytime soon.
Bandai have the main series too :p
MVM sublicensed LH from Madman, who got it from Production IG directly. (hence different cover art/logo from US release)

LH Again is meant to be out this year in Aus, so it will probably be the same over here (hopefully)

Back