Review: Kiddy Grade #8

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Concluding a series I've been reviewing for what seems like way too long now, I've published my thoughts on Kiddy Grade #8; out now in the UK from MVM.<ul><span class="menu">To its credit, Kiddy Grade has certainly left an impression on me, but I can't say this is a series I plan to revisit. It's just an attractive looking, fan-service filled action show with nothing interesting to say and full of dull characters who present little to no growth or development over the course of the 24 episodes. It's not a terrible series by any means, the inventive action and likable characters maintain mediocre standards, but after a while, the widening cracks of a story desperately clutching at straws eventually negated any passing enthusiasm I felt for Kiddy Grade.</span></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=125">Read the full review.</a>

Personally I found Kiddy grade quite entertaining , the final volume was a little lacking though. Lots of plot developments felt they were rushed like or just added to the story at the last moment to explain something. The last episode of the three wasnt so bad though and I thought it was an average ending to a fun series.

Although I was a little disappointed by the ending (already posted my thoughts in this thread) and overall Kidday Grade may not be the best series out there, as Mangaminx said, it's still quite a fun show. Although Chrono Crusade is threatening to replace it in my affections...

btw, just one really pedantic little point about the review- the whole series is 24 episodes, not 26.

Back