Retro Anime Podcast - Episode 34 'How Long Were You Alone With That Dog'

Hi Everyone,

Episode 24 is now out. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the franchise we delved into the Doraemon franchise with reviews of the first 3 theatrical films released in the early 80's; Nobita's Dinosaur, The Record of Nobita's Spaceblazer & Nobita in the Haunts of Evil.

You can listen on SoundCloud directly here:

Retro Anime Podcast #24 'Tales of a Blue Robotic Cat'

Or find the podcast on iTunes, TuneIn, Spotify, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, CastBox Player, Pocket Casts, Overcast FM and many other podcast players by searching For Retro Anime Podcast.

Thanks for listening,

Ian

Really, it's quite obvious!!!
So says you, when you're watching things sometimes you can miss even obvious things. Have you ever watched Haunted Junction? Mutsuki Asahina has a very obvious fetish for young boys and that's just as nasty.

Funnily enough, Softbank have done something similar more recently, with Bruce Willis playing Doraemon in an ad spot for 5G. I think Jean Reno was better though...

Hi Everyone,

We will be recording our next episode this week where we will be taking a selfish look (on my part) at some motorcycle racing OVAs with reviews of Circuit Angel and Bari Bari Densetsu.

Reply here with any questions or comments you have for us.

Many thanks,

Ian

Hi Everybody,

Much later than I anticipated our latest episode is now out. This is a bit of a selfish one on my part as I love bike racing so I made Lewis watch a couple of 80s racing OVAs; Bari Bari Densetsu and Circuit Angel - Resolving Starting Grid.

You can listen directly on SoundCloud here:

Retro Anime Podcast #25 'Vroom Vroom Angels'

Or find the podcast on Amazon Music, iTunes, TuneIn, Spotify, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, CastBox Player, Pocket Casts, Overcast FM and many other podcast players by searching for Retro Anime Podcast.

Thanks for listening,

Ian

Hi Everybody,

The final part of our Mecha March content with Retro Mecha Podcast and Anime Heads Retro World look at Mecha OVAs from the 80s to the 90s, in this episode Lewis and I review some female mecha themed OVAs with reviews of Black Magic M-66 and ARIEL.

Retro Anime Podcast #26 'Mecha March 2021'

Or find the podcast on Amazon Music, iTunes, TuneIn, Spotify, Stitcher, Podcast Addict, CastBox Player, Pocket Casts, Overcast FM and many other podcast players by searching for Retro Anime Podcast.

Thanks for listening,

Ian

Hi Everybody,

Lewis and I dip back into some obscure and forgotten 80's OVAs with reviews of Nayuta and Whatever, White Bear.

Retro Anime Podcast #27 'Plucked From Obscurity (Again)'

Thanks for listening,

Ian

Hi Everybody,

New episode is out where Lewis and I take a look at some 80's dragon themed OVAs with reviews of Xanadu - Legend of the Dragonslayer and Dragon Century.

Retro Anime Podcast #28 'Dragons! Dragons Everywhere!'

Thanks for listening,

Ian

Hi Everybody,

Lewis and I will be recording our next episode in the next week. This time the focus is on the City Hunter franchise with reviews of the first 3 movies; .357 Magnum, Bay City Wars and Million Dollar Conspiracy.

Reply here with any questions or comments you have for us.

Many thanks,

Ian

I'd be interested if you guys have any thoughts on why City Hunter didn't seem to catch on when it was first released in English (if indeed it's fair to say that). To the best of my knowledge, ADV put the whole thing out on DVD in the US, and even released a few of the films over here, but it's only this time around with Discotek releasing it that I really see anyone talking about it.

Hi Everybody,

Managed to get one more out this year! Lewis and I take a look at the first 3 City Hunter movies; .357 Magnum, Bay City Wars and Million Dollar Conspiracy.

Retro Anime Podcast #29 'Hot in the City Tonight'

Thanks for listening,

Ian

Back