Reminder: Streaming service Daisuki Discontinues on October 31st

N

NormanicGrav

Dragon Ball Super will be the sole survivor.

Daisuki-2.png

A couple months ago, streaming service Daisuki revealed that they will no longer be continuing as a service from October 31st 2017 at 11am Japan Standard Time onwards. This means that every title on the service will be discontinued, with the sole exception of Dragon Ball Super which the service will provide more additional information on soon.

Here’s the website if you have time to visit it, all episodes are free to watch and registered users (which is also free) can use the 1080p High Definition option!

Since its appearance in 2013, Daisuki has offered a selection of small titles from Aniplex, Bandai Namco, TMS, Toei Animation and Funimation throughout the past four years. The service also had exclusive titles including the hit anime series One Punch Man and timed exclusives for Ufotable’s adaptation of GOD EATER and Shaft’s Monogatari series.

Daisuki-1.png

The good news is that a majority will be available for streaming on other services like Crunchyroll and Funimation, the rest however will no longer be available for the UK so here’s the list of shows that will be gone for good (for the time being):

Daisuki-Idolmaster.jpg

The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls

The spin-off series from The iDOLM@STER focuses on the idol girls from the Cinderella Girls based on the free-to-play simulation game from Bandai Namco and Cygames.

Uzuki Shimamura is an ordinary girl who dreams of being an idol, so she goes to a special training school. One day, a producer for 346 Production shows up with the news that she’s one of three girls chosen for the Cinderella Project, even though she didn’t pass the audition the first time around. Uzuki is thrilled, but the project can’t start until the other two members are picked… “P” scouts Rin Shibuya, who he has in mind for the second opening. However, Rin isn’t interested in becoming an idol and turns him down flat…

Daisuki-M3.jpg

M3 The Dark Metal

An original anime series from studio Satelight.

Ten years have passed since the creation of the Lightless Realm, and the city of Kukujicho becomes more desolate as people’s fears increase. Akashi Saginuma, an elite student attending Kukunochi Academy, gets called out by his teacher along with his amiable friend, Iwato Namito. There, they are informed of a “pilot training course” that only the most outstanding of students become selected for.

Daisuki-One-Punch-Man.jpg

One Punch Man

The hit series from ONE and animated by studio Madhouse. North American owners will be able to access the series on Hulu but for everyone else it won’t be available for legal streaming. KAZE UK have released the series on Blu-ray while Viz Media did the same in North America.

Saitama is a guy who’s a hero for fun. After saving a child from certain death, he decided to become a hero and trained hard for three years. Though he’s now so strong he can defeat any opponent with a single punch, lately he feels as if, in exchange for overwhelming power, he’s lost something even more important.

We say our farewells for the service. There is still time to watch the remaining catalogue before its too late and don’t forget that Dragon Ball Super will continue on the service regardless.

Continue reading...

I hope DBS will still run on Daisuki instead of them making an alternative website, I only say that cuz I only ever use the app, which still works and updates eps despite being pulled from the play store.

I hope DBS will still run on Daisuki instead of them making an alternative website, I only say that cuz I only ever use the app, which still works and updates eps despite being pulled from the play store.

How will it keep running on a streaming service being discontinued? that makes no sense.

Back