Release updates from ADV, MVM & Beez

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Play.com are listing 6 DVD releases from ADV UK for the 20th June, predicting a June debut for Gravion as well as the long awaited UK arrival of risqué Excel Saga spin-off Puni Puni Poemy.

Joining Mobile Suit Gundam Movie 1, Beez's Cowboy Bebop #4 looks to have been pushed back a month until the 23rd of May. MVM have also updated their website, confirming that they have plans to start releasing (by the end of the year) the likes of Gunslinger Girl, Kodocha, Tenjo Tenge, Tenchi GXP and Tenchi Ryo-Ohki OAV 3.

Rest assured, we have updated our UK anime release schedule.

I'm looking forward to what ADV have to offer us from June onwards and am especially looking out for a Kurau: Phantom Memory and Elfen Lied scheduling.

Also, being a Gundam virgin, I'm looking forward to ending the year having been exposed to all these movies from Beez as well as SEED too. It's a franchise that interests me, although Macross is still the king ;)

Is it wrong to look forward to Gravion?

Anyway, the Gundam movies kick ass, and the only thing that would make the UK release kick ass more than the US releases would be if they got the 1999 dub (which Bandai didnt include on the US release for some reason and i want to hear just because it has David Lucas as Char....)

Being naturally impatient, I already imported most of Tenchi GXP (plus I wanted the artbox and calendar). Looking forward to OVA3 though, as well as Spiral and Puni Puni Poemy.

Red XIII said:
as well as Spiral

I enjoyed watching Spiral but it has a weird ending, or rather it doesn't seem to come to any conclusion and leaves more questions unanswered than any other show I've watched, which is a shame coz it started off as a really good anime, with some wonderful characters. I always wondered if there'd be a second series?!

Miaka-chan said:
The only one that interests me is Kodocha (Child's Toy). Although I may look into the Tenchi 3 OVA (didn't like GXP).

I prefer to forget that GXP exists.

But The Tenchi OAV's, I'm definitely looking forward to those. I was expecting that release to take another year or so.

IanC said:
Anyway, the Gundam movies kick ass, and the only thing that would make the UK release kick ass more than the US releases would be if they got the 1999 dub (which Bandai didnt include on the US release for some reason and i want to hear just because it has David Lucas as Char....)

Is the dub cast for the movie different from the series? I never looked into that...

i always check to see if the MVM website has been updataed.... but now it has, lets hope its regularly updates... but damn.. look at how many more titles MVM has licensed.... i mean... can they afford all of them? lol

Rurouni H said:
IanC said:

Is the dub cast for the movie different from the series? I never looked into that...
Yeah, movie dub cast was from the LA area in the US.

i have seen PUNI PUNI POEMY... and maaaan is it wacky and funny, but it is over the-top.... *hint* make sure your parents or freinds dont walk in on you while watching this..... they will immediatley get the wrong idea
o_O

Back