Reinstate David Bateson as Agent 47

ayase

State Alchemist
http://www.petitiononline.com/david47/petition.html

I'm not sure how many Hitman fans there are around these parts, but it has become apparent over the past few days that David Bateson, voice of Agent 47 in the Hitman series, has been dropped from the role in the upcoming Hitman: Absolution.

David's unique voice and VA talent has been a fixture of the Hitman games since the beginning, and indeed the character was initially modelled on his likeness. He is 47, and a Hitman game without him is no Hitman game at all. It's like dropping Megumi Hayashibara as Lina Inverse. This news has had that kind of devastating impact on the fan community.

I'm not usually one to believe in the power of the pen. However, this petition has managed to solidify opposition to Bateson's removal early on and and in one place. It's also gathering pace very nicely, as online petitions go. Also please, if you care and post on any other sites with a gaming forum, spread the word. Thank you.

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXUMwC8AzBg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YXUMwC8AzBg?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Wow, that does indeed sound pretty sucky for fans of the series. If the game was published by Ubisoft or Activision I could understand, but you'd think Squeni would appreciate the importance of things like this.

Is there a reason he's not voicing Agent 47? Or did Ubi just drop him?

Never properly played the games to be honest, never felt like I wanted to, think I was going through an anti-third person action/adventure/stealth game at the time (besides the MGS games and Beyond Good and Evil).

You should play at least Hitman: Bloody Money, me and my cousin ran through it about two years ago and I personally found it to be one of the best stealth games I've played outside the MGS series

Blood Money is the only one I've played and it's AMAZING. It's like an evolution of the adventure game in that you have your puzzles -- to assassinate certain targets -- but instead of one solution there are multiple ways in which to carry out your objective. Nabbing a disguise then canvassing the levels and working out how you're going to pull off your kills has to be one of the most fun and rewarding experiences in gaming.

I shall sign the petition. Personally I'm not that bothered, to be honest, perhaps because I've only played the one game in the series and I don't remember 47 having too much dialogue, but I can't think of a reason not to spend the ten seconds it'll take me.

Reading about the new game, it sounds pretty ****** anyway, like it would have been better off completely breaking away from the Hitman frachise name.

Back