Recommend a Vampire anime

cercia

School Idol
Like the title says. Anyone recommend a good vamp anime, there are loads out there? Ideally along the lines of Buffy/vamp heroine but any other suggestions welcome.

Castlevania_Chronicles_Simon_Dracula.jpg

Not sure there's anything like Buffy, which I've always regarded as the best anime vampire show never made. Whedon must be an anime fan.

The best anime vampire show that has been made is Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. Hellsing Ultimate is pretty good as well.

i can recommend a few, they are:

Hellsing
hellsing.jpg

Vampire Knight
vampireknight.jpg

Rosario + Vampire
rosario_vampire_01.jpg

Karin/Chibi Vampire
Chibi_Vampire%2C_manga_Volume_1.jpg

Trinity Blood
Trinity_Blood_Japanese_volume_1_RAM.jpg

*expects lots of hate mail*

I second Hellsing Ultimate.

Vampire Knight was ok ish but you need a high angst threshhold.

There's Blood the Last Vampire which some enjoyed but frankly I found it kinda dull.

Chibi Vampire has a interesting twist where its all in reverse (for 1 character that is, Karin)

Rosario+Vampire is an echii series

I would probably recommend Dance In The Vampire Bund aswell

Trinity Blood is pretty good. Just don't expect a satisfactory ending.

There's also Vampire Bund, Bakemonogatari, and Shiki. Probably more but I'm running late.

CloudedMinds said:
Rosario+Vampire is an echii series
the anime is very ecchi, but the original manga isn't

i would also recommend that, perhaps as well as watching these animes you should read the mangas as well

Has anybody mentioned Tsukiyomi MoonPhase yet? If Not, Why Not!?

Oh and Black blood brothers just to through in.

They're a popular monster to add to a plot just as Norse is for a base religion

fabricatedlunatic said:
Not sure there's anything like Buffy, which I've always regarded as the best anime vampire show never made. Whedon must be an anime fan.

I do believe he is. He certainly digs manga.

CloudedMinds said:
Almost forgot Lunar Legend Tsukihime
This is a recomendation thread for anime, why would that* be listed.
The manga is good tho', if near imposible to get (and only just all out in Japan, due to illness) as the English publisher is dead and were releasing it at one volume a year.

Worringly I think vampire knight or Rosario + Vampire would fit the request best. We actually want fanservice. Vampire Bund would also be ok.

* feel the hate! Feel it!!!

Reaper gI said:
CloudedMinds said:
The manga is good tho', if near imposible to get (and only just all out in Japan, due to illness) as the English publisher is dead and were releasing it at one volume a year.

Worringly I think vampire knight or Rosario + Vampire would fit the request best. We actually want fanservice. Vampire Bund would also be ok.

If you look at the anime from the viewpoint that its not actually an adaption of the game and just happens to share the name and characters then its not that bad :p not a patch on the manga though but i love the opening and ending music...in fact i just love the OST.

I couldn't comment on the tv series, but the Vampire Princess Miyu OAV was quite good. It's not heavy on action or gore, but it's an atmospheric and well developed character study that doesn't suffer any of the overblown angst you might expect from a series about an immortal teenager.

BlackWolf said:
Reaper gI said:
CloudedMinds said:

If you look at the anime from the viewpoint that its not actually an adaption of the game and just happens to share the name and characters then its not that bad :p not a patch on the manga though but i love the opening and ending music...in fact i just love the OST.
That's the problem. You just KNOW it's an adaptation and can't help but compare. That's why I thought Valkyria Chronicles was a ****** adaptation too.

Back