Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

CitizenGeek

Guild Member
I figure we can build up a good list of recommendations from a thread like this!

For me, it was Ultraviolet and I give it a 7/10.

Most critics weren't impressed with the latest movie from Kurt Wimmer, but I really enjoyed it! I thought the fight scenes were great, the world was interesting, the characters were cool, too.

Jersey Girl - 7/10

Although its a break from Kevion Smiths usual comedy style it is still a brilliant film with some truely funny moments

1408 - 5/10

I was very disappointed in this adaptation of a Stephen King novel. Was easy watching at the most and not at all scary IMO. Not the worst film I've seen but at the most it's a low ok.

One film that won't be added to my collection.

I am legend 10/10

Thought this film was brilliant. Although im really giving it a 9 and a half/10 because i didnt really like the ending :p Spose it tells you about why the film is called 'I am legend'.

I AM LEGEND 8/10

Started off brilliantly and is so well filmed just for me the second half really let it down, the introduction of other humans and the deus ex machina tactic of saving Will Smith from his upturned car just didn't work.
All in all i enjoyed it though, it kept you on the edge of your seat. Couldve ended it better but it wasn't a bad effort.

LukasROAR said:
I AM LEGEND 8/10

Started off brilliantly and is so well filmed just for me the second half really let it down, the introduction of other humans and the deus ex machina tactic of saving Will Smith from his upturned car just didn't work.
All in all i enjoyed it though, it kept you on the edge of your seat. Couldve ended it better but it wasn't a bad effort.
I found the CGI poor. I just don't understand why they didn't just use people?! It would have looked so much better. Still enjoyed the film tho.
I give it 8/10 also.

LukasROAR said:
the introduction of other humans.

I think the whole concept of there actually being other humans but hes to stuck to his ways to even try and find them other than by radio was kind of good. Still would have prefered that the gates open and there is just a civilization of cross breed zombie/human... would have made me chuckle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce Almighty - 8/10 (On BBC 1 the other night)

Easily one of my favourite comedy films, I lost count on how many times it made me laugh. Just a pity the sequel sucked.

Voddas said:
LukasROAR said:
I AM LEGEND 8/10

I found the CGI poor. I just don't understand why they didn't just use people?! It would have looked so much better. Still enjoyed the film tho.
I give it 8/10 also.

I agree on the vampire like creature CGI, twas pretty bad, i was meaning the visuals, shot design and mise en scene were done brilliantly. Totally agree about the use of people, would have been so much more realistic.

Transformers - 9/10 it'd get more if they hadn't made the autobots into US only cars and if Star Scream had been more of a back stabber toward Megatron

300 7/10

I found this movie a bit gay (literally, men in pants for the whole film and the asexual enemy) but the action was pretty great.

Surf's Up...9/10.

Great movie...my favourite of all the "kids" CG movies I've seen. Looks gorgeous, great characters and I love the spoof documentary style. Fantastic.

we own the night 5/10, slow movie and the tension built up to nothing. But you gotta love the smirk on his face as the film ends

Constantine - 8/10 - one of my fave comic book translations and the BEST portrayal of the Devil I have seen.

Stranger Than Fiction 8/10

Pritty good film. Funny with a seriouse underlaying theme. Thought Will Ferrel wouldn't do so great but I really thing he did a great job putting on a seriouse face. I may even grade this film 8.5/10. We shoould have graded out of 5, much easier. ^^

Leathal Weapon 9/10

Classic film. Haven't seen it a long time and glad I gave it another viewing. Think I mite have to get the box set now :D

RIGGS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back