Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Movie)

memorium

Za Warudo
Just came out yesterday, has anyone else had a chance to see this movie yet? I just did today and, as a big fan of the games, i felt it lived up to my expectations, sure there were some small deviations between this and the game but the overall plot remianed the same in my eyes

That's good to hear =) i didn't expect it to follow the game closely, but so long as the vibe and themes remain the same I'm all for it. Was JG a suitably snarky prince?

I'm really impressed they actually used the outfit and dagger direct from the game too, even if the outfit is from Warrior Within, but frankly it makes more sense for action scenes, the outfit in 1 was kind of bizarre (until he started ripping it off anyway).

Could this be the trend breaker? A VG movie that remains close to the source and doesn't totally blow? (I exclude cgi movies since they tend to have involvement from the company e.g. FFVIIAC and Resi: Degeneration)

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Could this be the trend breaker? A VG movie that remains close to the source and doesn't totally blow? (I exclude cgi movies since they tend to have involvement from the company e.g. FFVIIAC and Resi: Degeneration)
The ones you named sucked too. There's no such thing as a good video game adaptation :p

Sparrowsabre7 said:
That's good to hear =) i didn't expect it to follow the game closely, but so long as the vibe and themes remain the same I'm all for it. Was JG a suitably snarky prince?

i felt that he did quite well as the prince, he's definatley done a good job in my opinion :)

and i felt that the use of the WW costume was a smart move as well, those baggy trousers would just end up getting torn to shreds :lol:

If there was potential to create a decent film and two less than decent films from a boat ride, I never really doubted this would be a bad film. It won't break the mould, but it'll be a fun Disney feature.

I never even realised it was out though... because of that I doubt I'll be seeing it anytime soon.

memorium said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

i felt that he did quite well as the prince, he's definatley done a good job in my opinion :)

and i felt that the use of the WW costume was a smart move as well, those baggy trousers would just end up getting torn to shreds :lol:

Yeah heh, though I kinda wish they'd used the TTT costume, I love the white and red ensemble :p but that's more "kingly" rather than "princely" I guess and he's not really at that point in SOT

Seen the movie now. I think it's the best live-action game adaptation, but it's not a great movie. It's good, but nothing to write home about, it's a ver tried and true formula, which works, and it's faithful without being beholden to the source, but it's good at best.

Back