Post your Monthly Manga Haul

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
It's really hard to believe we're already at the end of August. Anyways here's my physical haul of stuff for the month:
Physical Haul August 2022.jpeg
Left pile first top to bottom:
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! volume 7
Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple volume 1
Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest volume 10
The Other WOrld's Books Depend on the Bean Counter volume 1
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun volume 14
Glass Syndrome
Call of the Night volume 8
How Do We Relationship? volume 6
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun volume 15
Fire in His Fingertips volume 4
Frieren volume 5
Vampire Knight Memories volume 7
Bungo Stray Dogs Beast volume 3
Welcome Back, Alice volume 3
Tower of the Sun (novel)

Right pile top to bottom:
Devil Ecstasy volume 2 (complete)
Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! volume 5
My Dress-up Darling volume 6
Durarara!! SH volume 4 (LN, complete)
Secrets of the Silent Witch volume 1 (LN)
Sabikui Bisco volume 3 (LN)
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out (LN)
The Splendid Work of a Monster Maid volume 3
Kowloon Generic Romance volume 1
Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway volume 1 (LN)
The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady volume 2 (LN)
Sasaki and Peeps volume 1 (LN)
The Holy Grail of Eris volume 2 (LN)
The Bride of Demise volume 1 (LN)
Chitose Is In the Ramune Bottle volume 2 (LN)
Ishura volume 1 (LN)

The book in between the two piles is the second Ascendance of a Bookworm fanbook. :)

A very Bungo Stray Dogs filled month! I was also incredibly surprised that Yen Press managed to get out two volumes of Toilet-bound Hanako-san. Possibly most excited about having my hands on the new Tomihiko Morimi novel and Bride of Demise from the author behind Torture Princess. Higehiro being a much-improved version of Kadokawa's release was also a nice surprise.

A slightly more modest digital haul now:
Digital Hual August 2022.jpeg
Left to right, top to bottom:
Having an Idol-Loving Boyfriend is the Best volume 2
Dracula Yakin! volumes 2-3 (JP, complete)
Loner Life in Another World volume 7
Koi wa Ankoku (LN, JP)
Sasaki and Miyano volume 6
Burn the House Down volume 3
With a Dog, and a Cat, Every Day is Fun volume 7
A Serenade for Pretend Lovers volume 3
This Vampire Won't Give Up! volume 3
Piano Duo for the Left Hand volume 5
The Dorm of Love and Secrets volumes 3-4 (complete)
We're New at This volume 1
The Duke of Death and His Maid volume 2
Sensei's Pious Lie volume 3
Such a Treacherous Piano Sonata volume 3
Our Love Doesn't Need a Happy Ending volume 1
Studio Cabano volume 1 (JP)

Although I've still yet to finish any of my Japanese light novels, I decided to take the plunge on Koi wa Ankoku because it's the latest book by the author of Grimgar Fantasy and Ash (Ao Jyumonji) with illustrations by the Sword Art Online illustrator (Bunbun). I'm hoping if I take it slow and read it little and often I'll actually finish it. 😅

Some Kodansha sale gave me the opportunity to finally finish off The Dorm of Love and Secrets, which was fun all the way to its conclusion although I do feel it put aside some of the drama it had been building up to. Sasaki and Miyano was also greatly timed and I'm looking forward to new content now that this release is the last of what the anime adapted. :)

RadFemHedonist

Death Scythe
@Demelza, do you have an idea of how difficult (or hopefully not!) it is to get a complete set of all the volumes of Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun that have been published in English so far? I loved the anime but it was rather short and I'm thinking of collecting and reading the entire manga, I can't afford to buy it at the moment but would like to at some near-ish point in the future, and wanna check if it's all still in print or not? Also, do they have any kind of fancier reprint planned like in hardcover? (I'm not a fan of paperback omnibuses but if it got a "The Girl From the Other Side" kind of treatment I'd buy a full set of that money permitting) :)

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
@Demelza, do you have an idea of how difficult (or hopefully not!) it is to get a complete set of all the volumes of Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun that have been published in English so far? I loved the anime but it was rather short and I'm thinking of collecting and reading the entire manga, I can't afford to buy it at the moment but would like to at some near-ish point in the future, and wanna check if it's all still in print or not? Also, do they have any kind of fancier reprint planned like in hardcover? (I'm not a fan of paperback omnibuses but if it got a "The Girl From the Other Side" kind of treatment I'd buy a full set of that money permitting) :)
It shouldn’t prove too difficult. The volumes have been coming in and out of print a lot due to the sheer popularity of it, so there might be a volume or two earlier on that’s temporarily unavailable but Yen Press have been good about getting reprints done quickly.

I don’t believe there are any box sets announced for it yet and they certainly haven’t talked about any sort of rerelease since the first print releases are still very new to the market and actively being reprinted. I’d say a box set is more likely than a fancier rerelease, maybe once they get caught up to the Japanese releases, but at the same time Yen Press don’t often put out box sets so I wouldn’t hold off buying it just for a slim chance of that. I hope that helps! :)

RadFemHedonist

Death Scythe
It shouldn’t prove too difficult. The volumes have been coming in and out of print a lot due to the sheer popularity of it, so there might be a volume or two earlier on that’s temporarily unavailable but Yen Press have been good about getting reprints done quickly.

I don’t believe there are any box sets announced for it yet and they certainly haven’t talked about any sort of rerelease since the first print releases are still very new to the market and actively being reprinted. I’d say a box set is more likely than a fancier rerelease, maybe once they get caught up to the Japanese releases, but at the same time Yen Press don’t often put out box sets so I wouldn’t hold off buying it just for a slim chance of that. I hope that helps! :)

That's very helpful, thankyou - I will aim to purchase the entire series in the current paperback single volumes release then :)

Demelza

Adventuring Alchemist
AUKN Staff
September has ended up being my quietest month of the year so far for arrivals, hopefully, next month picks up a bit with new releases. Feels like a lot of what I wanted got delayed somewhere along the way.

Physical arrivals first up:
Monthly Haul Physical Sep 2022.jpeg
Top to bottom:
The Apothecary Diaries volume 6
Anti-Romance volume 1
My Happy Marriage volume 1
The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic volume 1 (LN)
Seaside Stranger volume 4
Love of Kill volume 9
The Other World's Books Depend on the Bean Counter volume 2
Josee the Tiger and the Fish
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? volume 17 (LN)
Sword Art Online volume 25 (LN)
Ishura volume 2 (LN)
Reign of the Seven Spellblades volume 6 (LN)
Fullmetal Alchemist Fullmetal Edition volume 18 (complete)
The Way of the Househusband volume 8
Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction volume 11

Happy to have another volume of DanMachi this month given the series comes out yearly if that now. This is the final release of the FMA hardback editions too, so my wallet can stop weeping every time I have to order one of those.

Wasn't planning to get Josee this month originally since its an omnibus and expensive (and I've seen/own the movie and the novel collection...), but Yen Press did a marketing blog where they compared scenes from the book to the anime and I do love Nao Emoto's artwork (mangaka of O Maidens in Your Savage Season), so as you can see I quickly caved in. 😅

Digital Purchases:
Digital Haul Sep 2022.jpeg
Left to right top to bottom:
Our Love Doesn't Need a Happy Ending volume 2
Destiny Unchain Online volume 1 (JP)
Lycoris Recoil Ordinary Days (LN, JP)
Falling, Drowning volume 3 (complete)
A Serenade for Pretend Lovers volume 4
Mr. Bride volume 6
Anoko no Kodomo volume 1 (JP)
Tesla Note volume 6
Burn the House Down volume 4
That's My Atypical Girl volume 6

More or less just keeping up with the digital titles I'd been following. Who knows if I will ever get around to reading Lycoris Recoil, but it is my current anime obsession so that might motivate me. Still need to finish the Japanese light novel I bought last month first, ideally...