Pokemon on Disney XD

ussjtrunks

Adventurer
Turned on disney xd yesterday to watch pokemon movie 12 and instead of getting a hd version they were running a cropped version of the dvd upscaled >.<???

Orginal :
img0005mg.jpg

Disney XD HD
img0006vn.jpg

Normal SD channel would stretch the footage to fit all the edges. Flick on an old The Simpsons and you will see the same thing. I may be wrong, but I don't believe 4Kids (or Pokémon USA) distribute this stuff in HD yet.

No ya see I understand that disney have cropped the source to 4:3 and streach it to 16:9 for their SD channel (as the SD channel is 4:3) but surely the HD channel should get a new HD master of the film or at least show a 16:9 version? very odd..

The orginal picture above is from the dvd not thed SD channel, the SD channel is exactly like the hd one but it streachs the 4:3 version to fit the 16:9 screen lol.

For in-house Disney shows they do, but I don't think Pokémon USA distribute HD versions of the show anywhere. And this being a film means it has even less of a chance, imo.

ussjtrunks said:
The orginal picture above is from the dvd not thed SD channel, the SD channel is exactly like the hd one but it streachs the 4:3 version to fit the 16:9 screen lol.
Oh right, of course. I think I knew that without actually knowing it. :p

Again, though, I think Disney just show what they are given.

(They don't broadcast normal DVDs.)

Yeah, I think the point is that the HD channel isn't actually a separate channel, it's just an HD version of the SD channel, if you see the difference.

My post was supposed to be interpreted as "what did you really expect from a kids' TV channel". Surely if you have the DVD, you can just watch that.

Sephrim1 said:
Wow Pokemon on is on Disney now, I didn't know. I can't wait to start streaming this on *deleted site name as poster was a spambot*.
Well, Disney are just repeating what they've shown in the past. New episodes air on CITV, and the new movie (Zoroark: Master of Illusions) is confirmed to be airing on there in the future.

Back