Pokemon generations question

devilrules666

Combat Butler
Hey guys just wanted the ultimate versions of each pokemon generation. I don't want to buy all of them just the final ones of each era! Problem I don't know which ones are which so could you guys point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

Gen 1 - Pokemon Fire Red/ Leaf Green
These are much easier to find then Yellow on the gameboy, plus they have extra islands to visit, after beating the elite 4.

Gen 2 - Pokemon Heart Gold/ Soul Silver
They have the added stuff from Crystal, plus they are more likely to work, since the gameboy colour gold/silver/crystal internal battery have probably run out, and no longer save data.

Gen 3 - Pokemon Emerald
Most likely Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby will have added stuff from Emerald, but this is the ultimate version for this gen at the moment.

Gen 4 - Pokemon Platinum

Gen $ - Pokemon Black and White/Black 2 and White 2
These are the odd ones out, as there is no 3rd version, but if you pick Black and Black 2, then you will be able to get both version legendaries, the same would happen if you pick White and White 2.

Gen 6 - Pokemon X and Y
No 3rd version announced at the moment.

To elaborate on what Rena said, you're probably better off waiting for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire as opposed to getting Emerald. If you do and you wish to complete the Pokédex as best you can, I'd recommend that you get Omega Ruby if you buy HeartGold, or Alpha Sapphire if you buy SoulSilver. The reason for this is that Groudon and Latios are exclusive to SoulSilver and Omega Ruby*, while Kyogre and Latias are exclusive to HeartGold and Alpha Sapphire*.

*Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire exclusivity is based on Ruby/Sapphire as no official announcement has been made at this time. It is possible that both Groudon and Kyogre could be made available like they are in Emerald, but Latias/Latios were version exclusive outside of an event-only location in Ruby and Sapphire, while only one was available in Emerald.

It is worth noting that aside from XY, the Wi-Fi functions of all the games no longer work (due to GameSpy shutting the servers down).

Back