Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Rather than triple posting, I thought I'd make a new thread:

540054_300406293378998_271717862914508_662418_1475637944_n.jpg

Pokémon Black Version 2 / White Version 2
Release Dates:
Japan: 23rd June, 2012.
America/Europe: Autumn 2012.
Australia: Spring 2012 (Note: Their Spring occurs during our Autumn).

The Story So Far:
Set 2 years after the events of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, the game begins in Asperita City, which is located on the south west of Unova (near Driftveil City) where a new Pokémon trainer is to begin their journey. S/he will receive their first Pokémon (Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott) from Professor Juniper's assistant Bianca, better known as one of the two rivals from the first Black and White games. During the course of the game, they will travel around the Unova region challenging the Gym Leaders (which include Cheren, the other rival character from the first Black/White games) and will no doubt end up getting involved in a plot involving a villain's quest for a legendary Pokémon.

New Features:
Pokémon:
- Kyurem has received two new "formes" - Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Each of them features physical characteristics of Zekrom and Reshiram (respectively). Black Kyurem is the version mascot of Black 2, while White Kyurem is the mascot of White 2. Both dragons retain their Dragon/Ice typing.
- Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus have new formes as well, known as their "Sacred Beast" formes. Tornadus' new form resembles a bird and increases its defence, special defence and speed. Thundurus' is a serpent and has increase special attack, whereas Landorus' tiger-like form has increased attack. They are only obtainable in the Nintendo 3DS app "Pokémon Dream Radar".
- The Unova Pokédex has been expanded to include 300 Pokémon, including those from past games.

Gameplay:
- The Unova region has expanded, featuring some new towns, cities and other locations.
- New Gym Leaders. Cheren is the first Gym Leader and gives out the Basic Badge (previously given out by Lenora). Other new Gym Leaders include the Poison type Homika and the Water type Shizui.
- The Pokémon Musical in Nimbassa City has been replaced with "Pokéwood", where players can create "movies" with a super-sentai-ish appearance.
- "World Tournament" - a new feature that allows players to battle Gym Leaders and Champions from across the franchise's history. Not all of them are available at the start though; as some will have to be distributed by Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
- An event Meloetta is said to unlock something new in the game (Aside from its Relic Song event, which is programmed into Black and White as well).

3DS Bonus Features:
While the game has no direct enhancements when played on a 3DS console by itself, Nintendo will be releasing a 3DS application called Pokémon Dream Radar, which is an Augmented Reality game similar to Face Raiders. In Dream Radar, you encounter Pokémon in the real world and capture them, before sending them to your Black 2/White 2 game. This is the only way to get the Sacred Beast formes of the Kami trio.

The free software Pokédex 3D will also be receiving a paid update in the form of Pokédex 3D Pro, which will serve as a Pokédex for all of the franchise's Pokémon. Unlike the previous Pokédex 3D, all Pokémon will be unlocked from the start.

Both 3DSware software titles will be made available in Japan this June and this Autumn in the west.

Five minutes (approx) long anime montage trainer

Is badass.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwhnt4ytE3k?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwhnt4ytE3k?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

EDIT:
The cast list:

Black 2: Miyu Irino
The Rival: Junko Minagawa
Cheren: Ryohei Kimura
Bianca: Ayana Taketatsu
Achroma: Junichi Suwabe
Elesa: Miyuki Sawashiro
N: Yuki Shimamura
Female Plasma Grunt: Yuki Shimamura
Shadow Triad Member: Akira Ishida
Various Pokémon: Kiyotaka Furushima and Kensuke Sato

On another forum I go on, I was spot on with my guess for the rival and Achroma's voices. I also guessed Miyuki Sawashiro had a role, but I attributed it to the wrong character. I only guessed five of the roles and got 2.5 right xD

Completely agree Josh, it is pretty badass! Loving how the seem to be putting more emphasis on the story.

Two new trailers were shown on Pokémon Smash today. The big news is Ghetsis, the main antagonist from Black/White, is returning.

Trailer 1:
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_CRRvATNOt8?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_CRRvATNOt8?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Trailer 2:
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LcVRR5SEN-0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LcVRR5SEN-0?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Trailes look good, really looking forward to the games :D

Just 20 more days till it comes out in Japan. Anyone else getting a Japanese copy of the game? I myself will be getting Black 2.

Rena Ryuugu said:
Trailes look good, really looking forward to the games :D

Just 20 more days till it comes out in Japan. Anyone else getting a Japanese copy of the game? I myself will be getting Black 2.
I've purchased a Japanese Pokémon main series title since Pearl in 2006, so I probably will - especially as the release is 3 days after my pay day.

@Riggy92 - I don't know a lick of Japanese and I've been able to play Ruby, Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver and White in Japanese with no problems.

You have a fair point Josh, I mean if we already know the mechanics I'd imagine it's a matter of educated guess work, figuring out what does what. Any idea how much we'll get stung by customs/import duty for these?

I reckon about £15 if it gets hits by customs, since that's how much I got for Higurashi Kizuna 3 two years ago. And it was roughly the same price as Black 2/White 2 are selling on Play-Asia.

I'd guess it depends on shipping method. When I ordered White from Play-Asia, I used UPS so I obviously had their additional fee - customs was about £25 iirc.

Hmmmm well if I've got the funds I'll probably import it, if not I'll just hold off till it comes out here.

Play Asia has just shipped my copy of Black 2 ^_^ Hopefully I will have Book of Shadows completed by the time it comes in the post, so it can have my full attention.

Play-Asia have totally ballsed mine up. Well, PayPal too.

Basically, I paid via PayPal, hoping that it would be processed sooner because I paid in advance. However, PayPal randomly decided "Wait a minute, you've had an account with us for years, but we think you might not exist!" so they needed some details from me to confirm. During this time, they took the moneys from my bank, but didn't give it to Play-Asia. Play-Asia's response was to remove my order from my order history; I can only view it when I click the direct link in the confirmation email...where it says it was cancelled.

I emailed Play-Asia to explain what had happened and to ask why it says the order is cancelled. They replied rather pedantically saying that the order was actually on hold (so why does it say "cancelled"?) and it will be processed when they've received payment (they have >>). Right now it's 8am in Hong Kong; I'm giving them until 5pm HK Time before I get really angry.

Also, I haven't been active these last few days because I'm heading the B2W2 section on the Bulbagarden forums...and things have been leaking like mad xD.

Back