Play-Asia

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Wasn't sure where to place this on this forum considering it's a random chit-chat and the site covers various things asian related I figured I'll place it here.

So.. Play Asia. As some of you may or may not know I ordered a game from them quite recently (Japanese version of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd to be specific). This is the second time I've placed an order through the site, the first order went pretty well and arrived very quickly since I went for the FedEx option however I had to pay for the Import charges weeks later when a letter appeared in my mail box. Now the reason why I'm bringing up Play Asia now is because I decided to pick the other option; Air Economy Box Registered.

The problem? Well I have no idea how long it will take and how to track the package. I heard you can track the parcel from within Hong Kong by using Hong Kong Post but the number doesn't seem to work at all. The game was shipped on the 15th and the item status was 24 hours (meaning Play Asia had the item in stock and could dispatch it immediately). I know it's only been a couple of days but it would be nice if you could provide a general idea on how long this shipping option will take and if you like, tell your thoughts on the site in general. I like the site but the customs stuff is annoying like always.

I've tried various sites, as an experiment, like; Amazon JP, CD Japan & Nippon Yasan, all of which turned out pretty well. I do plan on trying out Solaris Japan since it's got some interesting stuff (and apparently like Amazon you can pay the 20% during the payment).

If you sent it out by standard airmail

Though we ship out all Airmail parcels insured and registered, there is no online tracking facility available for this service. It usually takes around 5 to 14 days for Airmail shipments to arrive to your destination. However, under certain circumstances it can take up to 4-5 weeks.

The registered part and the number relates only to being signed for at the end (I believe) and this the post office are responsible for the loss and compensation at the end of the day. There is no online tracking, you just wait the ten days or so. I've used this service myself and usually get items with two weeks.

Okay just an update on this. My package arrived but I realised that I could track the package.

Instead of Hong Kong Post it was actually handled by Singapore Post. So if your tracking number has SG at the end, you should use this one.

Back