Owning the original fullmetal alchemist series in Region 2.

Baggie_Saiyan

Thousand Master
Hiya folks!

Basically, I want to own the Original FMA series, don't know weather I should hunt down the U.K singles, I've had a look on Amazon and I couldn't find parts 1,2,4 & 7. :(

Is that the only way to own the series in region 2? ie. is Funimation's viridian collection not region 2 compatible?
Also, is Finimation's one piece region 2 compatible too?

Thanks.

Re: Owning the original fullmetal alchemist series in Region

Funimation's Fullmetal Alchemist release (Season 1, Season 2 & OVA Collection) are Region 1 only, all versions.
Funimation's One Piece is also Region 1 only (Movies Region A only).

I'm not sure about the Region 2 stuff.

I very recently looked into getting the region 2 versions and in the end I ordered the region 1 versions from UP1.

I found most if not all of the volumes and although most are cheap, people are charging crazy prices for some volumes because they are not available anymore. My advice is to get the region 1 versions, if you can't play them, it's seriously cheap to get a multi region DVD player or alternatively look for a code if you already own a player to unlock it.

One series which could do with being rescued in the UK with a spilt part boxset.

I have used a region "hack" code on my dvd player but since I have no region 1 dvd, I have no idea if it works and tbh £18 on both seasons seems a risk.

Is there a way to make the PS3 region free?

[quote="Baggie_Saiyan"Is there a way to make the PS3 region free?[/quote]

No unfortunately. Still annoys that they region lock these things.

Baggie_Saiyan said:

No unfortunately. Still annoys that they region lock these things.[/quote]

Baggie_Saiyan said:

No unfortunately. Still annoys that they region lock these things.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
I have used a region "hack" code on my dvd player but since I have no region 1 dvd, I have no idea if it works and tbh £18 on both seasons seems a risk.

I see no reason why the code shouldn't work to make it region free assuming you used the right code for your model.

Perhaps you know someone that has a region 1 dvd you could borrow to test it out?

Keep an eye on eBay and see if anyone puts a set up. Watch out for bootlegs though. I bought a set from someone selling them on here, so that may also be an option if you're patient.

kuuderes_shadow said:
I bought the whole lot from CEX. None of the volumes costed more than £4

Sometimes you just get lucky at what someone else brings in

It's the same with the charity shops which stock manga, luck of the draw at what someone donates (best find has been Black Lagoon 1-9 & complete battle royale for £2.50 a volume)

Looking at CEX online, they only have volumes 5, 6 & 7 for sale of the original series (plus a boxset of 1-4?)

However volume 7 is £12.

I managed to get mine off Ebay & Amazon a couple of years ago, for about 99p each, except volume 9 which was £5. Which I then sold and bought the four part boxset. So, just keep looking, you'll come across them.

If you have the mobile app, add it to your saved searches and you'll get notified when people list things. Much easier than looking every day.

Hi, guys thanks for all the responses

Cex have a couple, while Amazon tbf have most volumes between £1-5 but a few being like £15 or something.

Do you think I should get the volumes available now, or save up my money for my future Anime wants as I don't get paid until April 11th, so I'm stuck with the cash I got now, I want to get Fairy Tail part 9 (march 25th) and DBZ S3 (april 1), but I am really craving the original FMA. Good things come to those whom wait I guess.

Well, if you can get them fairly cheap then I would probably go with Fullmetal Alchemist. I mean, episode count wise it would be better value for money as there's over 50 episodes.

Kite said:
Looking at CEX online, they only have volumes 5, 6 & 7 for sale of the original series (plus a boxset of 1-4?)

However volume 7 is £12.

That Boxset of 1-4 is in my local store :)

Kite said:
One series which could do with being rescued in the UK with a spilt part boxset.
FUNimation still has the UK license. I've never been able to get a straight answer from Manga on why they can't sublicense it.
Manga haven't touched anything from the MVM and Revelation days, however MVM has managed to work something out for Chobits, Fruits Basket, and Kiddy Grade (the former they lost the rights to when FUNimation rescued it, and the latter were two of the titles they distributed for FUNimation originally but lost access to when FUNimation became part of Navarre and consolidated distribution with Revelation).

Back