Overlord - Episode 02

AgilityRedFox

Completely Average High School Student
After seeing the members of Nazarick taking up most of the screen time of the first episode, I really hoped it would continue that way, even if it was a little thin on plot.

Episode two briefly sees Demiurge explaining the Nazerick that Ainz' end goal is world domination, which ofcourse surprises the Japanese Salaryman/Supreme being. I really love seeing his reactions and his internal monologues are probably my second favourite thing about the show, first being Albedo.

ainz.PNG

I was concerned when in the PV I saw that some side character Orcs have some lines in the episode and my worst fears were confirmed when the rest of the episodes focus was on a village unrelated to the main cast. I saw a couple of returning characters from series 1 e.g. the apocrathy assistant but that's not really what I want from this show. I appreciate the need for world building but please do not repeat the mistakes of season . The last thing I want is a Lizard Man Arc 2.0. Just show the main cast messing things up.

It's adapting volume 8 of the novel. I don't know why people hate world/character development on supporting characters.

If you want more ainz then he'll be a big focus of the 2nd half of S3 when the later parts of Volume 7 and Volume 9 are adapted.

I do agree I'd rather see the Nazerick react to what happens rather than the supporting plot, even if the main support girl is swole. the more important thing to anime onlys like me I'd think would be the Nazerick coming into contact with other "supreme beings" (former players) adapting something too quickly can cause problems but it's the stuff that doesn't show Gowl's reaction that slows the series down

Overlord always starts slowish, I enjoyed the comedy at the start. Ainz is really is winging it. I have no issue with the expanded world at the end of the day you can't win. So many is Isski shows have little to no world building which leads to a shallow and forgettable experience.

Simulcasting has lead to people becoming less patient with series. Overlord lends itself more to Binge watching I feel

Overlord is a story that expands its world through its very diverse amount of supporting characters. Asking it to be focusing solo on Nazarick, and gang would ruin the actual best part about Overlord.

Overlord is a story that expands its world through its very diverse amount of supporting characters. Asking it to be focusing solo on Nazarick, and gang would ruin the actual best part about Overlord.

Surely that depends on what you want out of the show? I just want to see Ains take over the world, anything that isn't that is just a distraction to me, and takes away from what I personally enjoy about it. It's why I liked Season 1 a lot and thought Season 2 was a major let down, Season 1 was clear and focussed, where as Season 2 was kind of a mess in that respect.

Surely that depends on what you want out of the show? I just want to see Ains take over the world, anything that isn't that is just a distraction to me, and takes away from what I personally enjoy about it. It's why I liked Season 1 a lot and thought Season 2 was a major let down, Season 1 was clear and focussed, where as Season 2 was kind of a mess in that respect.

The show is an adaption of the novels though, and thats how the novels are.

I enjoyed this week's episode. I thought the beginning part where Demiurge is explaining what's happening next was good, Ainz reactions reminded me of when you go out on the weekend and have a few too many drinks, then your mates tell you what you said the next day.

I enjoyed this week's episode. I thought the beginning part where Demiurge is explaining what's happening next was good, Ainz reactions reminded me of when you go out on the weekend and have a few too many drinks, then your mates tell you what you said the next day.
this needs gif of like, every reaction Gowl has to every line Demiurge has

Speaking of the intro I also took some screencaps of that scene:
2018-07-18_69.png

2018-07-18_71.png

2018-07-18_75.png

2018-07-18_72.png

2018-07-18_74.png

2018-07-18_76.png

2018-07-18_78.png

2018-07-18_79.png

2018-07-18_80.png

2018-07-18_81.png

2018-07-18_82.png

2018-07-18_83.png

2018-07-18_84.png

2018-07-18_73.png

2018-07-18_77.png

2018-07-18_85.png

2018-07-18_86.png

2018-07-18_87.png

Seeing certain characters in the OP (from Volume 7) really gives me the shivers & @Lambadelta
..is your icon who I think it is? :'(

Loved this episode! (I LOVE the world building aspect of Overlord) Entirely new content from my perspective (Being book 8, which isn't out from Yen Press till September) that I know is worthwhile ..the author doesn't add characters & then ignore their existence, everyone has a role in Ainz's (or should I say Demiurge lol) grand plan.

Back