Over 90 Dead in Norway

This is of course sad for the victims and shocking for the people of Norway, But you're never going to stop terrorism any more than you are theft or assault. **** happens.

The BBC said:
He later appears to have moved out of the city and established Breivik Geofarm, a company Norwegian media is describing as a farming sole proprietorship set up to cultivate vegetables, melons, roots and tubers.

A supply company has come forward to say that it delivered six tonnes of fertiliser to this company in May - an ingredient used in bomb-making.
Clever. Unless they're going to start suspecting all farmers of being terrorists, I'd say there's nothing anyone could have done. No matter how many layers of security you erect, you can't possibly stop a lone nutcase who tells no-one their plans. People acting alone are always going to be the most successful assassins and terrorists. No paper trail, no conversations to listen in for. No indication at all that you have anything to fear from them and them one day... boom.

animefreak17 said:
anyone can be a terrorist
That's right Bill! With our patented system, you too can be a terrorist in just three months! Don't wanna wait that long? Our quick 'n' easy primer package will have you ready to shoot up an educational facility in just two weeks!

So you can either see danger everywhere and cause hindrance to others' lives as well as your own in a futile attempt to prevent the inevitable, in effect allowing the terrorists to influence your behaviour (current approach of the UK and US governments) or you can be British:

200px-Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On_Postersvg.png

animefreak17 said:
bloody hell anyone can be a terrorist these days whats next?!

Yep anyone i can you can anyone and you can do it without killing anyone as well. All you need to do to be a terrorist is to inconvient the public to the point they turn on the goverment.

But this event isn't terrorism it was polically motivated as the bloke was pissewd with Norway's labour party who are pro mass uncontrolled immigragtion and multiculturism and i think European continant is set for more of these i think.

Soubi-Hurt said:
animefreak17 said:
bloody hell anyone can be a terrorist these days whats next?!

Yep anyone i can you can anyone and you can do it without killing anyone as well. All you need to do to be a terrorist is to inconvient the public to the point they turn on the goverment.

But this event isn't terrorism it was polically motivated as the bloke was pissewd with Norway's labour party who are pro mass uncontrolled immigragtion and multiculturism and i think European continant is set for more of these i think.
anything to gain power or to stay in control right

Soubi-Hurt said:
It's not terrorism because it was politically motivated? Aren't most acts of terrorism politically motivated, or at the very least motivated by the helplessness felt by the perpetrator to influence events beyond their control?

It's a violent act as far as we know at the moment. terrorism is more than just blowing things up and killing. it's a way of prophaganda through act.

Soubi-Hurt said:
It's a violent act as far as we know at the moment. terrorism is more than just blowing things up and killing. it's a way of prophaganda through act.
I think you'll find that terrorism spreads fear, which is EXACTLY what this act has done

Soubi-Hurt said:
Er, but didn't you just say yourself that it was politically motivated? And if terrorism is intended as propaganda, it doesn't work. It's been shown time and time again that acts of terrorism solidify public opinion against the position of the perpetrator. If you want a good way to destroy support for your cause, commit a blatant act of terrorism in it's name. Killing innocents is never a popular move.

Terrorism is born out of frustration of the individual(s) committing the act, and often delusions of grandeur on their part also. Rarely anything more.

VivisQueen said:
A forum member on Anime-Planet was there on Utoya island when the shootings happened. He posted his story so we could all know what happened to him and his friends.

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/gener ... post954235

He had posted the same thing on Awkward Zombie as well actually, and i can understand why he did, wanting to get it out to as many people as possible.
[here for the AZ link i mean: http://www.awkwardzombie.com/forum/view ... f=2&t=5128]

One hell of an experience though, and kudos to him for going through it all again to write it down to share with everyone. Just sorry that anyone had to go through such a thing =/

It also highlighted an important point that most of these kids aren't even politically affiliated with what Anders sees as "the enemy" (i.e. the Labour Party), which reinforces the pointlessness of his "crusade"

Back