Ousama Ranking (Ranking of Kings)

You can start a discussion on the individual episodes in the Weekly Streaming area if you like :)

Ousama Ranking was the last show I started in a not-very-strong season and it was so much better than the other first episodes I suffered through that I was blown away. I have avoided the source material and went in completely blind. I like how it combines traditional fairytale storytelling with genuine emotion; this is the kind of stuff I watch anime to see.

R

You can start a discussion on the individual episodes in the Weekly Streaming area if you like :)
Thanks I might just do that :) By the way, why does it look like no one has posted in there for a few months? Do threads get removed after a while?
Ousama Ranking was the last show I started in a not-very-strong season and it was so much better than the other first episodes I suffered through that I was blown away. I have avoided the source material and went in completely blind. I like how it combines traditional fairytale storytelling with genuine emotion; this is the kind of stuff I watch anime to see.
I have to agree with that assessment. The first episode left such a strong impression on me that I ended up looking for the source material. Both the anime and the manga are great in their individual ways whilst retaining the same through line.

It just doesn't get used much, most discussions end up as one-liners in the Viewing Journal thread or turn into delayed simulwatches with their own threads. But sometimes there's a show that everyone wants to discuss together as it airs :)

R

I originally requested it when MAL went down and for a season or 2 it was used a lot, but MAL came back and discussions never got more than a few replies so I stopped trying.
The simulwatch threads do get a lot of replies, but tend to be different people than those that watch seasonal stuff.

I originally requested it when MAL went down and for a season or 2 it was used a lot, but MAL came back and discussions never got more than a few replies so I stopped trying.
The simulwatch threads do get a lot of replies, but tend to be different people than those that watch seasonal stuff.
Ah that's a shame. I hardly ever use the MAL forums. I used to be on the animecrazy.net forums back in the late 00's/ early 10's before it got shut down. Now I just use reddit for anime/manga discussions. It just doesn't have that same feeling of community that you get from a decently sized forum.

Back