other manga not seem to be mentioned

rocklee

Great Teacher
konichawa all! this room can n hopefullt will be bout manga that isn't as majorly popular like naruto,death note,bleach etc etc
so hopefully there should be some ppl put there that have read fab books like tramps like us, saiyuki (+reload),fruits basket (well it is the best selling manga in uk at the mo, but it isn't really tlked about much)
so who has read these and what do u think of em..feel free to add anyothers that u like!! sayonara for now :D

For me, I think Suki and Shirahime-syo by CLAMP, and The works of Erica Sakurazawa are majorly overlooked.

Suki is out of print now as far as I remember, but it's an excellent three volume series - infact, in my opinion, it's one of CLAMP's best short series. The artwork is really unique and beautiful and the story is fuzzy and lovely.

Another CLAMP one overlooked is Shirahime-syo. it's one of the saddest, most visually beautiful and pleasant books I own. If you're ever up for just a nice wee read, it is great.

Erica Sakurazawa's works may not be the most artistically brilliant, but the stories are always rather excellent. Angel and Angel Nest are both lovely books to read, they're more mature and deal with more adult themes but are dealt with in a sort of comfortable, relaxing way. It's not all the angst and emotion of a heightened shojo melodrama, but they're still real good.

If anyone has the chance to read them, I highly advise all three of these series/one shots.

i can't seem to get interested in the clamp manga i know they are a success but i can't seem to read em with enthusiasm like i do with all the others
saiyuki reload is on hold at vol 7 cause the creator is on another project called wild adaptor which ain't that bad :)...letsee other manga i have....(i do have alot!)oh...lovemode,loveless,absolute boyfriend,fushigi yugi,imadoki (yes i have most of yuu watase's work)gravitation....oh dear i could go on..gravitation is a rather wacky n funny one :D

heres a series of manga I'd actually be interested in getting a read of, Sailor Moon.

Why:

Cause I used to watch the Series, the badly dubbed US release, and thought well its not all bad. The series also only lasted 2 seasons over here, to which i was kinda gutted about cause I got hooked to the cheesness of the whole thing. I currently have all season 1 & most of season 2 on dvd to which I may revisit before christmas.

The Manga Is also supposedly been quite reasonable, though being more orientated to the female audience.

And also the Live Action was ok again being a Bit Power Ranger-ish but still watchable

However due to the lack of uk/us licenses anymore, tokyopop had it untill 2005 however for some reason nobody in the uk, us & the rest of the world inc japan, are able to license the series anymore, the manga has become some what more difficult to get hold off and each volume ranging from aprox £30 a pop

Cago1020 said:
Another CLAMP one overlooked is Shirahime-syo. it's one of the saddest, most visually beautiful and pleasant books I own. If you're ever up for just a nice wee read, it is great.

I was planning on getting that, but I couldn't find anywhere that stocked it :/ Where did you get your copy?

Tramps Like Us, I remember reading a review of that in Newtype. Thanks to your mention I'll see if I can find a copy!

I haven't heard much about Aqua Knight and Sgt Frog on here either... Sgt Frog (Keroro Gunso) has the potential to take over the world, lol.

Cheeky said:
Tramps Like Us, I remember reading a review of that in Newtype. Thanks to your mention I'll see if I can find a copy!

I haven't heard much about Aqua Knight and Sgt Frog on here either... Sgt Frog (Keroro Gunso) has the potential to take over the world, lol.

I remember that my local libary used to have a couple of volumes of Aqua Knight in, but i only read volume 2 i think it was . It was a fun read, had some intresting things in it.

yea sgt frog ain't bad!! tramps like us is for anyone who wants a straight story about 2 ppl slowly falling for eachother...14 volumes and i've just read 13 YAY!!!
don't seem to be many prince of tennis tlks here so there is another 1 for the forum..who's read (dare i say these 2!) love mode and junjo romantica?

I liked Eerie Queerie, yes yes, I know, it's a shounen-ai manga, but it was funny, I really liked it!
Though I will say I didn't like the artwork in the final book, even though in the first volume, the artists work was kinda ..mm, I dunno, looked as though she was just starting out or something? I liked it, it was a fun style, but in the final volume it just ended up looking like all those other yaoi artworks D: And I don't like them.

BUT ANYWAY, back on point XD They're real fun books to read! If you can get past the shounen-ainess of it :p

OH, Demon Diary too, I loved that :) It was so happy XD And I loved all the characters equally for a change, I guess it may be seen a simplistic or whatever, but I really liked it too.

Case Closed. We're really behind in the Uk.. it breaks my little Detective Conan (Which is what they call it in Japan - for those who don't know) loving heart! Can you believe for a series that's on volume 59 and going strong to be only on volume 20 in the UK. It's apalling.
People should try After School Nightmare. It's simply a masterpiece, the conflicts of having a male upper body and a female lower body while simultaneously fighting in the dream class after school to enable himself (or herself perhaps...lol) to graduate. Now that's a manga worth reading.

Gemma1412 said:
People should try After School Nightmare. It's simply a masterpiece, the conflicts of having a male upper body and a female lower body while simultaneously fighting in the dream class after school to enable himself (or herself perhaps...lol) to graduate. Now that's a manga worth reading.

I was debating over myself whether or not I should buy it, I'm still kinda wondering, is it worth a look then?

(Also, 59 volumes? HOLY CRAP. Isn't that the series with 400 and something episodes too??? DX)

Sami said:
I liked Eerie Queerie, yes yes, I know, it's a shounen-ai manga, but it was funny, I really liked it!

I love Eerie Queerie!!!! Terrible name though... But, don't let that put you off! This was one of my first ever manga!! Ahh, memories. I've re-read it so many times. BUY IT! *nods*

yea eerie queerie is fab! but for shonan-ai (that is right ain't it?)
the best one to start one is gravitation..wacky and hilarious!
oh here's another one to add to the list of manga: absolute boyfriend!

Sami said:
I was debating over myself whether or not I should buy it, I'm still kinda wondering, is it worth a look then?

Definetly go for it. I've got the 4th volume the other day! There's also this whole double personality going on, since he's so confused! Really, try it.

Sami said:
(Also, 59 volumes? HOLY CRAP. Isn't that the series with 400 and something episodes too??? DX)

The latest episode i got was 484... not to mention the 11 movies... hehehe. Detective Conan/Case Closed *love*

CitizenGeek said:
Cago1020 said:

I was planning on getting that, but I couldn't find anywhere that stocked it :/ Where did you get your copy?

Sorry I've taken ages to reply! I got mines like, a couple of years ago, right when it came out in Forbidden Planet.

There seem to be a few copies on amazon marketplace. They all seem to have to be shipped from America, but I don't know where else you can try... Ebay might have it, I've not checked.

Hope you can find it! It's an excellent book IMO.

Erm lets see ive read blazin barrels thats a realy enjoyable manga and ive never heard anyone mention it :(

Also Dead End a very serious manga and a bit hard to understand but still great and the art work is realy rubbish but thats what makes the manga.

Arm of Kannon one of the best mangas i have ever read. Very gory i mean body parts flying everywhere and huge monsters and crap like that :lol: Oh and lots of boobs in this manga

Rose hip Zero only a four volume manga ive only read the first volume but im still liking it. This manga i think was done by the same guy who created GTO so it basicly has the same style as that. Its realy just about a Cop who gets a 14 year old assasin as a partner and they hunt down other assasins.

Ive got a load more to talk about but i'll tell you about them later

Back