Oscar winners

Charter_Mage

Pokémon Master
So for anyone who still doesn't know the results, and for anyone who cares, here is the short list off the winners:

Best Motion Picture of the Year
CRASH
Paul Haggis and Cathy Schulman

Achievement in Directing
Ang Lee
BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN

Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Reese Witherspoon
WALK THE LINE

Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Philip Seymour Hoffman
CAPOTE

Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
George Clooney
SYRIANA

Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Rachel Weisz
THE CONSTANT GARDENER

Best Animated Feature Film of the Year
WALLACE & GROMIT IN THE CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT
Nick Park and Steve Box

Of course as expected with WALLACE & GROMIT IN THE CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT winning best animated film over Howl's Moving Castle

A full ist of the winners can be found here

I was surprised at Crash getting best picture; poor old Ang Lee. Still, he snagged best Director, so I'll bet he's happy.

And as much as I would have loved to have seen the award go to Ghibli, I think Wallace and Gromit was equally deserving, so I can't moan. I still have Howl's to look forward to on Monday, right?

I have to admit that after watching W&G I laughed so much I thought it was deserving of an Oscar. Howl's on the other hand was not the best film that Miyazaki has done so it's fair enough really.

I was pleased to see Rachel Weisz get a long-overdue Oscar as well - she's one of the best young British actresses around.

I heard extremely mixed things about it so I never bothered, maybe I'll get it now though, Im definetly going to get Capote though, looks pretty good.

I hated W&G to be honest, not my kind of humor. Pretty cheesy (no pun intended). But I can see why some people might have liked it and why it's so popular.

The rest of results I'm pretty fine with but there was no movies out this year that I cared about like past years (LOTRs being a notable example). I didn't even watch the show this year, I believe it's a first.

I'm quite surprised that the gay cowboy movie didn't win. Glad, because it's only strength- let me emphasise that, it's ONLY strength- was the twist that it was about two men rather than a straight couple. Otherwise it seems to be a very predictable, run-of-the-mill star-cross'd lovers romance. But still, the entirety of the hollywood set seems to be raving about it, and Crash seems to have come out of virtually nowhere (I know -I- haven't seen any trailers for it). Thus, I am surprised.

And Curse of the Were-Rabbit was good. Not as good as Chicken Run, which was pure, unfiltered genius on too many levels to count, but still a good laugh. Unfortunately I haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle yet to compare. I'll try and let you know my thoughts when the DVD's released and I've had a chance to sit down and watch it.

i was glad to see crash upset at the oscars. i thought it was a great film, and it must show with it being released back last summer and still being remembered for an oscar

Thought I'd put an update in this thread so that the new batch of Academy Award contenders don't get the luxury of an all-new thread in no small part to the fact they themselves don't offer anything new themselves.

Umm, yeah.

I used to care about the Oscars, though that was really just in the days Lord of the Rings was up for something, i stayed up until 5 in the morning for the final one it was up for. Then afterwards i was just in time to watch some anime on Sci-Fi :), though i don't have the foggiest what it was...possible some random episode of Excel Saga, or Bubblegum Crisis.

Now even if i wanted to watch it i couldn't since Sky Movies stole it, Sky steals everything

Back