Orguss 02

Hovis!

Vampire Ninja
Okay, this series maybe a decade or so old, but even amongst anime fans "in the know", I believe Orguss 02 doesn't get enough credit.

I don't know whether its the setting or what, but (for me leastways) there's something about the show's atmosphere and style which just is really appealing. Anyone know what I mean?

Also, it just goes to show not all series need to be twelve+ episodes. In this case more is indeed less.

Errrr, thought I'd share that!

:-D

I saw a bit of this back on the Sci-fi channel a couple of years back. It looked good, and of course, Mecha is Mecha, so I picked up the DVD before Christmas. I have yet to sit down and watch it though, as still have a stash of Gundam DVDs left over from the holidays to get through.

Those Decimators were cool.

I saw this years ago and still have my original videos.
I thought it was a pretty good series and I agree that a lot of shorter run anime are just as good. A few other older titles that deserve the same recognition as this are Kishin Corps. Moldiver, Green Legend Ran, Iria, and good old Guyver - to mention just a few :D

I was quite chuffed actually, I managed to get Orguss 02 from Play.com for £7.49 which was about, hmmm, £22.50 cheaper than I bought the three volume video editions eight or so years ago.

People might know this already, but the Japanese language track has all the songs from its original Japanese origins, not just the opening song originally in the dubbed version.

Not that that means to much to me. My knowledge on Japanese J-pop is limited. :)

I have loved this series ever since I first watched it on the Sci-Fi channel years back. Any reason why the original hasn't surfaced?

Dani said:
I have loved this series ever since I first watched it on the Sci-Fi channel years back. Any reason why the original hasn't surfaced?

I would like to know the answer to that as much as yourself. Probably won't get it though. :)

Back