One year anniversary of Anime UK News!

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Howdy.

I stupidly missed it, but the 3rd of February marked one year since I officially kicked open the doors to Anime UK News. The site looked a lot different then and I wasn't sure if it would last one month, let alone one year!

So anyway, thanks for visiting the site over the last year. It may sound cheesy, but you're the people that give me the motivation to keep working hard and improving the site (that and the freebies! ;) ).

You should know, I just registered the Anime UK News web address for another 2 years; I have loved running this website and just being a part of this awesome UK community.
Of course, I have big plans for the future. The hits are continuing to rise (in fact, just last Tuesday was our 'biggest day' yet) and it promises to be a really exciting time to be a part of the UK scene.

So here's to another great year. It's been a pleasure and again; thanks for bothering to visit.

Congrats, man. :D Good luck with the future, too - here's to many more years of Anime UK News.

It's another couple months until aNIme hits the end of our first year... I can't believe it's lasted that long - wasn't really sure there'd be a market for a Northern Ireland anime site when I started.

Congrats to the pair of you (I'm just gonna assume aNIme will last the other couple of months until your aniversary) great to see tht the UK scene can support such a diverse amount of anime sites.

Well done to all involved :D

bah animixuk has been going for 2 years now although as far as i'm conserned its about to be reborn lol

but u do great work here guys good luck in the future and may it bring us many more animes :p

Well done Paul and thanks for the great work you have done to this site its the best place to find out all you need to know about anime uk and it would be alot harder to know what i want to buy for the month without it

What, no cake? :)

Congratulations and all that, and here's to many more anniversaries. I really owe you one for this place, its one of the few news sites and the only forum I regularly visit. Thanks.

Future congratulations to aniki, as I know I'll <i>probably</i> forget to comment around that time :lol:.

Congratulations Paul; it's not easy keeping a website open for so long, and I applaud you for doing so. AnimeUKNews has gone from strength to strength, and I hope to see even better from it in 2005!

Cheers for the well wishes!

aniki said:
It's another couple months until aNIme hits the end of our first year... I can't believe it's lasted that long - wasn't really sure there'd be a market for a Northern Ireland anime site when I started.

Yeah, it seems a lot of us UK sites all opened within 6 months of each other. Anime UK News, aNIme, Orient Express, Eye on Anime and Otaku News- it's great how we've all managed to stay open too. Just something about that time period in 2004 that inspired us to start up UK anime websites!

Back