One Piece

Feather

Brigade Leader
I have thought about collecting the english one piece manga but are thier any diffences to the original japanese version that i should know about before buying?

Nothing noteworthy. I don't think there's any censoring and the only slighlty notable change is the translation of Zoros name; In the English version it's Zolo, (there's probably others that I can't remeber). This is going by the first 15 books...

Your thinking of buying One Piece manga?
Your making the right choice! Ive got 16 volumes of the One piece manga and let me tell you, they are WICKED!

I believe the full volumes are uncensored; some bits are clipped out from the Shounen Jump magazine run but restored properly for the books.

It's one of the few SJ manga we aren't collecting since my husband liked the anime version more. From the one volume we picked up I seem to recall everything was fine and the only point people complain about is the romanisations of some of the names/attacks where they differ to the digisub versions (for example, Viz say Gum Gum instead of Gomu Gomu - a pretty minor thing to quibble over IMO).

R

Fave Manga, um as far as im aware its uncut. Just Zolo's name is changed along with a few other characters, And in the recent chapters some stuff has been covered up but that may be uncut when it comes to the volumes.

Can't wait for next year :D 30 volumes ^^

Rui said:
I believe the full volumes are uncensored; some bits are clipped out from the Shounen Jump magazine run but restored properly for the books.

It's one of the few SJ manga we aren't collecting since my husband liked the anime version more. From the one volume we picked up I seem to recall everything was fine and the only point people complain about is the romanisations of some of the names/attacks where they differ to the digisub versions (for example, Viz say Gum Gum instead of Gomu Gomu - a pretty minor thing to quibble over IMO).
R
I think you hit the nail on the head there. That's exactly what I thought.

unellmay said:
Bleach is different so maybe
How's it different?

Just recently brought 1st volumes of omnibus edition of ONE PIECE and sadly its a slight disappointment. It volume 1-3 combined into one book which is obviously thicker but the pages are the same size as the average manga book. The paper quality is thinner than another VIZ title like bleach, so bad is the thinness so you can see through the page. The translation seem a bit off to me and lack the power, Luffy dialogue just doesn't seem like the Luffy I know and love.

You can pick it up from book depository for £7.64 if you interested, if you want one piece for the cheapest price pick up omnibus. But if you want the best quality version it seems the singles are the way to go.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/97 ... /One-Piece

What annoys me most with the omnibus release is with an RRP of $14.99 its only 3 dollars a way from the average price VIZBIG version which has bigger sized artwork, brilliant paper quality & colour pages. Why couldn't they gone that extra and made ONE PIECE VIZBIG edtion or at least just shrink-wrapped 3 single volumes together would been better than this current omnibus edition

This is the cover of the 1st volume of omnibus by the way:
P-M-B-9781421536255.jpg

Dave said:
It volume 1-3 combined into one book which is obviously thicker but the pages are the same size as the average manga book
Well, that kind of sucks. The whole point (well, a lot of the point) of the release in Japan was that it was the same page size as Weekly Jump, instead of the much smaller tankobon size.

ilmaestro said:
Dave said:
It volume 1-3 combined into one book which is obviously thicker but the pages are the same size as the average manga book
Well, that kind of sucks. The whole point (well, a lot of the point) of the release in Japan was that it was the same page size as Weekly Jump, instead of the much smaller tankobon size.

I don't mind the page sizes myself, I would have much preferred VIZBIG sized books and release though. It just the page quality is the biggest fault its simply too thin you can actual see artwork from the other page even when it flat against other pages.

I will get the other ONE PIECE omnibus books but probably only when another voucher opportunity appears on book depository.

Back