One Piece on UK TV!

A

Anonymous

According to <a href=http://www.ukanime.com/>UK Anime</a>, 4Kids are in the final stages of negotiating a UK TV deal with Turner Broadcasting (the big company behind Cartoon Network and Toonami) to air the popular anime One Piece.

After being licensed by 4Kids earlier this year, One Piece has already made its debut on US TV and despite being heavily-edited by 4Kids- this should be one series worth keeping a close eye on.

Read more...

Source: Anime UK News
News, views and reviews for the UK anime community

Despite worrying about how badly it has been cut and the quality of the English dub, I'm definently looking forward to this. I've heard a lot about One Piece without ever even catching one episode, looks like I could be getting a chance sooner rather than later! And just a *yay* for [more] anime on TV!

Pfft. Nothing 4Kids has released in this country was worth the butchery. Cast your minds back to "Tokyo Mew Mew" set to be renamed "Hollywood Mew Mew". Now airing in the US under the name "Mew Mew Power."

I went on a killing spree.

One Piece i adore more than TMM and im currently holding back yet another killing spree. Since they replaced Sanji's smoke with a 'lolipop', i have serious issues about just what is going to be cut out. Sanji lighting up a cig is actually part of a conversation during what could be described as a plot moment. How are they going to introduce Smoker? Maybe he has a hot dog fetish that involves them being very hot with lots of steam @_@

Do i hate 4Kids?

Paint me red and stick me on the top of the 'Hollywood Tower'.

Edit: Who got the FMA licence? was it 4Kids or Funimation?

I think it was Funimation.
One Piece is so cool i've got the first 4 volumes of manga from Viz, Im looking forward to seeing it over here but on the other hand Im not looking forward to seeing it turned into some mindless kids show :(

Back