One Piece: Collection 17 Review

Nice review.

Someday there'll be an affordable way of watching this... Someday....
OP is a tricky situation as with over 700+ eps that is a lot to put out for when post timeskip the series has dragged on, gotten stale and the pay offs aren't exactly worth it from a manga perspective as anime is a poorer version of the series I feel.

Nice review.

OP is a tricky situation as with over 700+ eps that is a lot to put out for when post timeskip the series has dragged on, gotten stale and the pay offs aren't exactly worth it from a manga perspective as anime is a poorer version of the series I feel.

Practically no one will see it if its only available here in physical box sets. Even if someone could folk over the hundreds of pounds for them, they still have to fill a shelf somewhere, its crazy. Either Toei gives in and embraces streaming or the whole industry needs to embrace digital downloads. Either or both, fingers crossed.

I swear I remember Funimation UK were able to stream it at one point but it got yanked away sometime later.

Practically no one will see it if its only available here in physical box sets. Even if someone could folk over the hundreds of pounds for them, they still have to fill a shelf somewhere, its crazy. Either Toei gives in and embraces streaming or the whole industry needs to embrace digital downloads. Either or both, fingers crossed.

I swear I remember Funimation UK were able to stream it at one point but it got yanked away sometime later.
Exactly which I found odd as one minute yeah it is supposed to be streamable then the next gone like it was never there if I remember correctly.
Though the manga is a better version of the series though can be boring and dragged out but not as much as the anime.

I also seem to remember that the dubbed episodes were behind the US releases for no explained reason. I'm aware the anime has fallen into serious pacing issues though I would be watching the dub (I can't follow subs) so I wouldn't be there yet anyway. Plus I find it easier to consume anime as it let's you split your attention between it and other things.

We should try to remember not to blame Funimation though (though letting them know our dissatisfaction wouldn't hurt). Toei make a lot of their big franchises expensive to access here (or not at all in the case of Sailor Moon). The ohly thing I've bought from them recently are the Digimon Adventure Tri movies as, being just movies, won't drain my account.

I also seem to remember that the dubbed episodes were behind the US releases for no explained reason. I'm aware the anime has fallen into serious pacing issues though I would be watching the dub (I can't follow subs) so I wouldn't be there yet anyway. Plus I find it easier to consume anime as it let's you split your attention between it and other things.

We should try to remember not to blame Funimation though (though letting them know our dissatisfaction wouldn't hurt). Toei make a lot of their big franchises expensive to access here (or not at all in the case of Sailor Moon). The ohly thing I've bought from them recently are the Digimon Adventure Tri movies as, being just movies, won't drain my account.
From what I remember Funimation started dubbing around the Alabasta arc and then backtracked from there I think.
It was on one of the commentaries I think.
Yeah some of the series do get high prices and on the plus they don't charge as bad as Aniplex ha ha.

From what I remember Funimation started dubbing around the Alabasta arc and then backtracked from there I think.
It was on one of the commentaries I think.
Yeah some of the series do get high prices and on the plus they don't charge as bad as Aniplex ha ha.

From what I gather, they initially started doing it for broadcast where 4Kids left off and even tried following their dubbing and scripting choices but ultimately decided to do it over from scratch, likely upon realising just hoe badly 4kids has mangled things.

What makes the pricing situation worse is the lack of much of any pre-owned market. This is a niche community, especially in this country so there isn't much to drive down prices.

From what I gather, they initially started doing it for broadcast where 4Kids left off and even tried following their dubbing and scripting choices but ultimately decided to do it over from scratch, likely upon realising just hoe badly 4kids has mangled things.

What makes the pricing situation worse is the lack of much of any pre-owned market. This is a niche community, especially in this country so there isn't much to drive down prices.
Yeah I think that what happened overall.

Yeah it can be hard to do like I imported the first 6 US boxset for 100 dollars on a amazon sale.

Yeah I think that what happened overall.

Yeah it can be hard to do like I imported the first 6 US boxset for 100 dollars on a amazon sale.

I may have to consider that when the Sailor Moon redubs are done. Toei doesn't want to sell those to us at all.

Back