Okami

Hovis!

Vampire Ninja
Thought I'd make a dedicated thread to Okami seeing as its released offically in the UK on 09/02/07.

Really, really, really looking forward to this one. Should be another game that waves the flag for the more artistic merits of video games. On top of that it should be a good game to play.

And what makes it even more exciting is that - touchwood - two weeks later Final Fantasy XII should be officially released. What a potentially good month for video games...

Akaten said:
Looking foward to playing this next week *fingers crossed*. At £24.99 its a steal I reckon, odd that Capcom are releasing Clover's other swansong game one week later (God Hand).

I know its partially off-topic (not fully off-topic because of the Clover Studios - R.I.P. - connection) but does anyone know if God Hand is anygood? :)

Hovis! said:
Akaten said:
Looking foward to playing this next week *fingers crossed*. At £24.99 its a steal I reckon, odd that Capcom are releasing Clover's other swansong game one week later (God Hand).

I know its partially off-topic (not fully off-topic because of the Clover Studios - R.I.P. - connection) but does anyone know if God Hand is anygood? :)

Godhand is only good if you like its quirky sense of humour and random brutal attacks....word of warning to everyone...give it a try before you buy...believe me..i have the game....*COUGH.....backup...one..COUGH*

Well for god hand, if you want to go by reviews, most of them give it between 7-9/10 so they would suggest probably a decent buy,as for me, well i am gonna take a look at it and see what its like as it looks nice to me.
On topic, Okami is one i shall be getting, from what i have seen, the artwork for the game looks stunning, and i can't wait to see how it plays as well. FFXII my brother says he shall be getting so i'll let him.

Okami I am going to get, God Hand on the other hand....I don't know, I mean I've heard it's got a laugh track in it....I hate those and I can't believe they made to into a video game

Once Okami is £10-£15 (though £15's pushing it) then I'll definitely be one proud owner.

God Hand I'll be getting on promo from Ebay cheap, any game where you can spank under-dressed femme fatales into orbit with a demonically possessed hand is going to be in my collection - believe it.

I was reading the reviews for both Okami and Final Fantasy XII and I'm just a bit too excited now. I thought for a while Okami was the game I was anticipating most but I think I'm looking forward to them to an equal "extreme".

Thought I'd share that.

I'm buying Okami based on word of mouth alone. I've got a few things to trade in so I'll most likely head out to Gamestation once it's out. Really want to get it though.

I'll think about God Hand. My mate's got the American import so I might try before I buy. (I rarely buy full price so I'll most likely wait until it's about £20 if I can)

Hovis! said:
Not long now. This is the most excited I've been about a game for quite a while. :)

i'm quite excited too, i'm hopefully getting it on day of release, but it depends if i can get my step dad to get it for me.

Tell you what, I hope it has a good musical score (I've heard it has). A good musical score in a game like this would be the icing on the cake!

I remember when I first saw this game in motion and as soon as I saw it I knew this was (or should be) something special. :)

Assuming nothing goes pear-shaped, should be getting ths tomorrow. Expect regular updates of my progress.

I know people can't wait to read them...

;-)

It came in the post this morning. I haven't played it yet (I have to get through work first), but I can't wait to start using that Celestrial Brush!

Surprised me in the post today, had a brief shot of it earlier after i got in from work. Damn, but it's gorgeous - easily one of the nicest looking games on the PS2. Can see meself spending quite a bit of itme in front of this one.

I've had two lengthy sessions with it already and rate it as my favourite single player PS2 game I've played.

Not just because of its visual quality, but because every gameplay mechanic it has (be it the combat system to the way you explore the world and solve puzzles) is very, very well implemented. Even the musical score was everything I hoped it would be, and I'm only five hours in!

I can't see this game, in regards to a single player expereince, being dislodged in the PS2 cycles.

One of the best looking video games I've seen too, but that was a given from the off. :)

It kind of reminds me of Black & White meets The Legend Of Zelda franchise.

Back