[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

19983660_1782478315112606_34272493552298565_o.jpg

On an interesting note, Sentai Filmworks have announced that pre-orders for the limited edition set for Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls has hit a record-breaking so they'll be dispatching the sets in batches.
Everyone has been patiently waiting for their Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls premium box set, and they’re coming! However, due to record-breaking demand for this set, suppliers will be shipping out the Monster Musume Premium Box set in batches. Therefore, there may be a delay in the receipt of your box set. Rest assured: all those who have pre-ordered the box set WILL receive a copy.

^ Wow. I knew Monster Musume was popular but not that popular. Hope that popularity spreads to MVM's set.

Still don't understand why D Gray Man has to come out in parts. I always thought the longer a show's been around, the more convenient for my shelf space the release, maybe not! :p

Interesting to see Servamp receive a LE & not Drifters, would've put money on it being the opposite.

Still don't understand why D Gray Man has to come out in parts. I always thought the longer a show's been around, the more convenient for my shelf space the release, maybe not! :p

They prob know it won't sell much so they are spreading out the release so they can atleast claw back as much from dedicated D.Gray-man fans as they can by doing multiple part releases.

Pretty sizable release slate. Looks like a good opportunity for me to go back and grab Space Dandy and I'll surely pick up Testament.

I should grab D-Gray Man too as I enjoyed the previous seasons so It'd be nice to finish it.

Intrested in Relife, Alderman and New Testament. Can't see any of these three getting a UK release so will pick them up.

Last edited:
Justice has finally been meted out! All 5 seasons on one disc! What a deal!

Wasn't really expecting a release so already picked up an import copy, but super happy Funimation think that Luluco warrants one, with an English Dub to boot! Wonder how they'll handle the Triggerverse in that respect.

space-patrol-luluco-the-complete-series-bd-dvd-combo_1.jpg

Last edited:
GKids have acquired home video rights to the Studio Ghibli catalog

Presumably they're getting them out ASAP so they don't go out of print, but what I would give for proper deluxe editions of each film with Criterion-style extras, essay books etc....even just a release of Princess Mononoke that includes the 6 1/2 hour making-of documentary would be a cause for major celebration. So here's hoping they don't just put minimal effort in.

I wonder how long Studio Canal will hold the license for in the UK? Presumably they have the financial weight to outbid any competitor if they so wanted, but so much more love and care could and should be put into these films.
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/gkids-studio-ghibli-japanese-animated-title-reissues-1202497246/

You are already dead.

DE92ZXNXYAAXZCV.jpg

All 152 episodes of Fist of the North Star will be given the 'Standard Definition on Blu-ray Disc' treatment from Discotek Media. The series will be spread across three Blu-ray discs and due for release on October 31st 2017.

Also due for October 31st are the following:
  • The Adventures of the Little Prince (English dubbed) [DVD]
  • Chargeman Ken! [DVD]
  • Magical Canan (TV series) [DVD]
  • True Tears [Blu-ray]

You are already dead.

DE92ZXNXYAAXZCV.jpg

All 152 episodes of Fist of the North Star will be given the 'Standard Definition on Blu-ray Disc' treatment from Discotek Media. The series will be spread across three Blu-ray discs and due for release on October 31st 2017.

• Chargeman Ken! [DVD]
  • True Tears [Blu-ray]
Methinks I'll have to pick up True Tears, and perhaps Fist of the North Star as well.

You are already dead.

DE92ZXNXYAAXZCV.jpg

• Chargeman Ken! [DVD]
  • True Tears [Blu-ray]

What's the RRP on that?

That's a pretty handy way of saving shelf space, might have to get that at some point. Been meaning to watch the series.

How does sd on bluray work? Is it still at 480/576 and scalable by a person's Bluray player, is it upscaled etc? Are the subtitles at a native HD resolution?

How does sd on bluray work? Is it still at 480/576 and scalable by a person's Bluray player, is it upscaled etc? Are the subtitles at a native HD resolution?

Basically 480/576 resolution (video quality & resolution is identical to the DVD), but audio and subtitles I assume will be clearer.

Basically 480/576 resolution (video quality & resolution is identical to the DVD), but audio and subtitles I assume will be clearer.
Thanks. that's what I figured but I wonder if it's upscale friendly, else it's technically a step back from a dvd.
Hopefully someone on here knows for sure.

Thanks. that's what I figured but I wonder if it's upscale friendly, else it's technically a step back from a dvd.
Hopefully someone on here knows for sure.

The good news is that Discotek have done SD on BD titles before with Samurai Pizza Cats and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, so if someone has one of those then we'll have a good idea on what we can expect with Fist of the North Star.

Back