[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

C9XijckUwAASMpG.jpg

Funimation will be releasing Record of Lodoss War (TV & OVA) as a Blu-ray & DVD combo pack - the TV series is DVD only as there are no HD masters for it.

Last edited:
I've liked and then unliked that! I thought they might have at least done their own bd upscale rather than having two formats for one collection.

Give me Lodoss, NOW!
It's my favorite series and I am so happy to see this after the way MB ditched it five years ago without releasing it.
The CPM release of the TV series looked garbage (even back in the day), I'm sure even with Funimation doing DVD only it will still look tremendously better.

Honestly, I have the biggest smile on my face.

Last edited:
Came so close to buying the German version of Lodoss earlier this year. This version will be mine (the TV series was only so-so anyway).

R

I've liked and then unliked that! I thought they might have at least done their own bd upscale rather than having two formats for one collection.

Yes it does seem a bit odd they'd not upscale, maybe too niche to be worth it?

it's been such a long time since I've been able to watch the Lodoss OVA (friend used to have it on VHS) so It'll be good to pick it up at what'll hopefully be a good price.

So, just found out Kizomonogatari Part 2 is coming out 9 May 2017. A forum search shows it was posted in the Aniplex thread but I don't think it was ever mentioned here? :(

That Ushio & Tora set looks lovely, but its price stings alot.

Depending what my funds look like closer to its release, and what gets announced before then I may go for the standard edition

Back