1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-UK Anime News & Announcements

Discussion in 'Anime News & Rumours' started by Just Passing Through, Dec 2, 2014.

1. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Death Scythe

2. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav Hai Hai Grav desu Moderator

is this just fantasy?

[​IMG]

3. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Magical Girl

I downloaded it last year to watch it, but then I decided to be good and wait.

4. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

Add me to the list of people who have wanted hyouka for an age.

Official announcement or just teasing so far!

5. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Death Scythe

They are being a tease but there is a FUNi panel later

britguy likes this.
  6. NormanicGrav

[​IMG]
    Funimation will be releasing Record of Lodoss War (TV & OVA) as a Blu-ray & DVD combo pack - the TV series is DVD only as there are no HD masters for it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    Jaysgba and sniper_samurai like this.
  7. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

I've liked and then unliked that! I thought they might have at least done their own bd upscale rather than having two formats for one collection.

8. elaniel

elaniel Vampire Ninja

Give me Lodoss, NOW!
    It's my favorite series and I am so happy to see this after the way MB ditched it five years ago without releasing it.
    The CPM release of the TV series looked garbage (even back in the day), I'm sure even with Funimation doing DVD only it will still look tremendously better.

Honestly, I have the biggest smile on my face.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  9. Yami

Yami School Idol

Now that looks sweet.

10. Peachy

Peachy Bumpkin AUKN Staff

Lodoss has my interest.

Me too! Held out for so very very veryyy long.

11. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Hunter

I've heard of Lodoss War, and I haven't found a fantasy anime from the 90s I've disliked yet so if the price is right I may end up getting it.

12. Ferensviel

Ferensviel Completely Average High School Student

I absolutely love that cover design, the dark blue and gold looks so classy and the image they chosen is perfect.

13. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

I am also quite interested in Lodoss War. Will certainly pick that up, or a UK copy should AL decide to bring it over.

14. crashmatt

crashmatt Hunter

I would more older releases to make it over here Lodoss certainly sounds interesting. I would really like Gosick over here as well Please AL

15. Zin5ki

Zin5ki Railgun

If this show fails to make its way to our shores, it will be no lo(do)ss for me!

16. Rui

Rui Karamatsu Boy Administrator

Came so close to buying the German version of Lodoss earlier this year. This version will be mine (the TV series was only so-so anyway).

R

17. NormanicGrav

Hyouka Part 1 due July with a Funimation dub as a combo pack.

18. Rosencrantz

Rosencrantz Dragon Knight

Yes it does seem a bit odd they'd not upscale, maybe too niche to be worth it?

it's been such a long time since I've been able to watch the Lodoss OVA (friend used to have it on VHS) so It'll be good to pick it up at what'll hopefully be a good price.

19. NormanicGrav

[​IMG]

The July 2017 line-up from Funimation has been revealed. More info on that (is on my blog, because I'm a lazy git).

Note that Funimation did confirm Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches for July at Anime Boston, however it never showed up on the slate.

20. Rosencrantz

Rosencrantz Dragon Knight

So, just found out Kizomonogatari Part 2 is coming out 9 May 2017. A forum search shows it was posted in the Aniplex thread but I don't think it was ever mentioned here? :(