No UK Adult Swim afterall

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
After all the hype surrounding the debut of Toonami UK's new 'Adult Swim' block, it seems they have already canned the idea before even giving it a chance. Contrary to the US Adult Swim, there was to be no anime shown on this UK variation anyway.

Adult Swim UK had been scheduled to start on Toonami on the 5th of November, but there is now no sign of this block on either the November or December Toonami TV schedules.

Despite the fact there was no anime to be shown on Adult Swim, I was still pretty interested to see what they had intended to use instead. I guess they realized that showing a load of comedy on a channel intended for action was a bit of the risk?

Who knows, maybe they even noticed the wide-spread gutted reaction from UK anime fans and decided to reschedule the block with at least *some* anime (We can all dream, can't we? ;) )

Someone on a forum said that it is going ahead, they just are still finalising what shows are going to be shown so they took it off the listings or something like that so I think it is still happening fingers crossed.

Trust me after seeing the adult swim blocks while i was in florida u're not missing much

anime was on only on friday. and then it was GT yuyu and rotated between Gundam seed and Kenshin

other than that all adult swim had was birdman, futurama and family guy (at sensible times anyway) however they did show the entire animatrix at 3am the day i left lol

Back