Nice bit of yaoi anyone?

I would sign, except:
  • Online petitions don't work, nor is there any reason why they should work. Adding my name isn't going to make it suddenly start working better.
  • I'm not that big a yaoi fan. I like it, but I'm no fangirl.
  • There's loads of yaoi out already, and more coming out. Really, where's all the yuri?

MangaMinX said:
Coming Soon apparently
Yeah, a little bit. Just as well there are some pro-active lesbian anime fans around, eh?

Videl said:
whats with all the yaio yuri and hentai topics lately
Who mentioned hentai? I brought up yuri because it's great (and related to the subject at hand, which helped).

Colin said:
MangaMinX said:
Coming Soon apparently
Yeah, a little bit. Just as well there are some pro-active lesbian anime fans around, eh?

Videl said:
whats with all the yaio yuri and hentai topics lately
Who mentioned hentai? I brought up yuri because it's great (and related to the subject at hand, which helped).

To be fair there are rarely any fan-service laden series of late that don't at least hint at some Yuri-ness.

Videl said:
whats with all the yaio yuri and hentai topics lately lol

every uk site i go to has a topic bout one of them

Basically the average yaoi/BL manga and anime is just like any other romance anime, except they're of the same sex! I can't really explain why but for some reason many many many females love yaoi. I would have thought though it may have something to do with the same factor that is involved in why men enjoy watching girls kissing and being naughty with each other :lol:
At the moment a lot of publishers of manga have realised there is a BIG demand for a lot of these titles to be translated and released and because of that, people are talking about it I guess!
There is a company that publish nothing but Yuri manga - go figure :twisted:
With regards to Only The Ring Finger Knows a novel has been translated and released in USA and this is a poll to have the long running series released as well :D

Capuchin said:
To be fair there are rarely any fan-service laden series of late that don't at least hint at some Yuri-ness.
Really? If so, I should clarify my question, making it:
"Where's all the yuri that is any good?"

In particular, when are they going to make another series of MariMite?

Yeah, I've seen it; if anything, it's even more yuri-tastic than the first series. They need to make another one, though, because there are loads more novels for them to base one off. Novels which I can't read.

Colin said:
"Where's all the yuri that is any good?"

Infact all you need to do is search the internet! I tried just now with a yuri + anime type search and there's tons of info out there. Forums, weblinks etc etc.
I guess Yuri has the same impact on gay communities as yaoi, as there were a lot of lesbian websites as well as the ones for guys :wink:

Seen Yami no matsuei. Plenty of yaoi in that. Although it's really cute as well. I watched the anime last night so it jogged my memory. Thinking about getting the manga. A lot of yaoi manga's are quite sweet. And damn! Why are gay guys so attractive!? (cough)

zuki said:
Seen Yami no matsuei. Plenty of yaoi in that. Although it's really cute as well. I watched the anime last night so it jogged my memory. Thinking about getting the manga. A lot of yaoi manga's are quite sweet. And damn! Why are gay guys so attractive!? (cough)
Yami is shounen-ai, rather than yaoi, but it's a wonderful story! My opinion on why gay guys in anime are so damned yummy, is because most of them are effeminate, they usually wear "hot" clothes and have drop dead gorgeous hairstyles, which wouldn't be associated with a straight guy, plus they're usually extremely caring and gentle and to a female, all these aspects are appealing :D

I just can't get enough of the characters in yaoi/shounen-ai, they are all just so yummy.
I've been looking for another good title so maybe i will get Yami no matsuei :D

Charter_Mage said:
I just can't get enough of the characters in yaoi/shounen-ai, they are all just so yummy.
I've been looking for another good title so maybe i will get Yami no matsuei :D
Watch the anime if you want the yumminess :D
It really only hints at shounen-ai, same as Weiss Kreuz, but both are cram packed full of bishounen :D

Miaka-chan said:
It really only hints at shounen-ai, same as Weiss Kreuz, but both are cram packed full of bishounen :D
Ok, i was actually wondering what Weiss Kreuz was like just the other day

Charter_Mage said:
Miaka-chan said:
Ok, i was actually wondering what Weiss Kreuz was like just the other day
It's wonderful! There are enough bishounen to keep any gal happy and a pretty decent story as well! The music is wonderful as well. I have a CD of songs by the 4 seiyuu of the main characters, they even did live concerts!
Here is a pic of my fave Aya :D

Back