New UK anime licenses from Manga Ent. and MVM

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Although we weren't expecting the news this early - Manga Ent. and MVM have revealed their London Expo anime DVD acquisitions. Further news is expected tomorrow.
  • MVM
  • Tenchi the Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness
  • Ah! My Goddess TV
  • Gun X Sword
  • Mr Hell Show (Not anime)

Manga Ent.
  • Noein (January 2007)
  • She, The Ultimate Weapon: Another Love Song (January 2007)
  • Tokko (February 2007)
  • Tactics (2007)

Nothing in either of these lists is much of a surprise. Noein is a great series, but the rest I'm not particularly bothered about.

I see MVM finally sorted out the problems with....was it a German company that caused the rights trouble with the second Tenchi movie?

I actually enjoyed Tenchi Muyo Daughter of Darkness, though looking back at the series it wasn't so great as I remembered.

I'll be getting Tokko and She, The Ultimate Weapon: Another Love Song, but only if they release a boxset of STUW part 1.

But when are we going to get Gankutsuou? I was sure that MVM would be releasing it, as they did with Haibane-Renmei. It's the one animé that I'm really looking forward to and will buy as soon as it's released here. Well, Ôran as well, but that's still a good few years off.

Just got back from the Expo (it was kool this time)
and according to a poscard i got which advertises 'Tokko'
it is slated for release on the 5th of February 2007

Manga were also handing out posters saying that Noein is slated for a 29th January release. Manga also stated that they'll be releasing the "new ghost in the shell movie" in 2007.

It's also worth noting that the DVD I got from the ADV stand came with a newsletter saying that their 2007 release plans include a special edition of Ninja Resurrection, a box set of Gad Guard and the Sorcerer Hunters OVA in addition to the previously mentioned releases of Jinki Extend, This Ugly yet Beautiful World and Maburaho. I believe Hugh David of ADV also promised a rerelease a month next year.

Finally, the Rapture guy said that their new Anime Nation program is due to launch in December.

I missed the Manga panel and the start of the Anime Industry Panel so I don't know anything else.

Manga seem to have a strong line-up. MVM still have a load of announcements they can't make and Ah! My Goddess seemed to be the least of them from what I could gather. GunXSword looks to be good fun, AMG is practically guaranteed with its existing following.

The one thing I forgot to ask was about BEEZ and Gunbuster and if they would be doing that. I think it is fairly certain since it is another Honneamise release from what I can gather but confirmation would have been good.

Conan-san said:
MVM, so thick they licence something that isn't even an anime.

That's out of order. I don't care what problems you've got with MVM, but you shouldn't be talking like that here. Drop it.

I've never known anybody be so cynical. He even beats me. At least I have blasts of positive vibes. 8)

I have a friend who is raving about Noein. Since it's Manga i'm not sure if I should just risk it and buy the individual DVD's or just wait for a boxset. Hmmm..

Espy said:
*edit* sorry, didn't realise it had nothing to do with Japan at all.
Neither do much of the non-animé that ADV and Manga have licensed. :)
But I do regularly wish that one of them would licence Hideaki Anno's live-action films and the stop-motion animation of Kihachiro Kawamoto.

Paul said:
Conan-san said:
MVM, so thick they licence something that isn't even an anime.

That's out of order. I don't care what problems you've got with MVM, but you shouldn't be talking like that here. Drop it.
The fact that hey have to get something like Mr Hell just sums up that they aren't doing the sorta business they want, even when being cheap as flip and doing as they are.

And I'm sorry if it's out of order, it's the truth.

The only thing they've done good is FMA.

They've had plenty good releases from the Geneon and Funimation catologue. It's unfair to claim they've only ever done one good show.

Anyway, I can't be bothered with another MVM arguement.

Back