New to Anime

AnimeNewbz

Completely Average High School Student
I am totally new to Anime just started watching it at 34 threw watching one of Tim thetatmans streams were they was on about demon slayer and can say I am now invested.
Is there anymore along the same lines as demon slayer? Thanks

Jay2021

Student Council President
Welcome to the forum.

I absolutely love demon slayer.

No doubt other members will have tons of recommendations for your consideration.

I would like to recommend: Fullmetal Alchemist, Seraph of the End, all series of Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure, Neon Genesis Evangelion, My Hero Academia, Hunter x Hunter, Jujutsu Kaisen and Black Clover.

Last edited:

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Demon Slayer is new and phenomenally well animated so please look kindly on the older titles we come up with :)

If you liked the animation style, the same studio has worked on a lot of great-looking shows. Fate/Zero was my favourite, it's a prequel to another (less good IMO - controversial opinion!) series but can stand on its own. They also put out a movie series called Garden of Sinners which has some gorgeous set pieces.
If you liked the historical fantasy setting with elements of tragedy, To Your Eternity was a recent hit and even though hardly anybody watched it, I thought that the recent remake of Dororo on Amazon Prime was great.
If you liked the action, I second the recommendations above, especially Fullmetal Alchemist (there are two versions as it received a complete remake a few years back; Brotherhood is the newer and better of the two in my opinion!)
If you liked Zenitsu and Inosuke bickering, well, there are a ton of anime comedies out there!

What are your interests outside of anime? That might help us narrow the pool of suggestions down a little! As would knowing which streaming services you have access to and whether you have a strong preference for English dubbed or subtitled :)

R

AnimeNewbz

Completely Average High School Student
Demon Slayer is new and phenomenally well animated so please look kindly on the older titles we come up with :)

If you liked the animation style, the same studio has worked on a lot of great-looking shows. Fate/Zero was my favourite, it's a prequel to another (less good IMO - controversial opinion!) series but can stand on its own. They also put out a movie series called Garden of Sinners which has some gorgeous set pieces.
If you liked the historical fantasy setting with elements of tragedy, To Your Eternity was a recent hit and even though hardly anybody watched it, I thought that the recent remake of Dororo on Amazon Prime was great.
If you liked the action, I second the recommendations above, especially Fullmetal Alchemist (there are two versions as it received a complete remake a few years back; Brotherhood is the newer and better of the two in my opinion!)
If you liked Zenitsu and Inosuke bickering, well, there are a ton of anime comedies out there!

What are your interests outside of anime? That might help us narrow the pool of suggestions down a little! As would knowing which streaming services you have access to and whether you have a strong preference for English dubbed or subtitled :)

R
I only have Netflix and Amazon prime but if you can recommend a service that has better access to anime that would be good.
Intrest outside of anime are gaming and history

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Welcome to the forum!

There was a thread made a while back which may be useful to you if you’re looking for recommendations based on genre.

D1tchd1gger

Akatsuki
Here's a leftfield one for history buffs (and gamers if you've played Ghost of Tsushima):
Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion. Not the best ever, but had some good action and is set during the same period and place as Ghost of Tsushima.
Other historical/action anime, not mentioned above, include Samurai Shamploo and Golden Kamuy. A couple of films I would say Ninja Scroll and Sword of the Stranger.
Another historical/action show a bit closer to home (I'm guessing you're from these islands) is Vinland Saga set during the period of Vikings rulers of England.