New Review: Tenchi Forever

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Today's review is putting Tenchi Forever under the microscope. Released by MVM, this is yet another spin-off from the Tenchi Muyo! franchise that is nothing less than enthralling.<ul><span class="menu">Tenchi Forever is hard to recommend to anyone that has yet to experience the delights of the previous Tenchi Muyo! OVAs and TV series, but for established fans like myself, this movie is a rare chance to catch a glimpse at the softer side of Tenchi and friends.</span></ul><a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.php?showreview=67">Read full review</a>.

I first saw it about 3 years or so ago and it will always be my fave Tenchi movie, I love the fact he is more mature (and he looks so good with long hair :D ).

Looking around for opinions before I wrote the review, I noticed this film seemed to get some pretty negative reactions from dedicated Tenchi Muyo fans, but I guess they were just uncomfortable seeing Tenchi finally grown up (and even having sex!).

Yeah, it was quite strange to see Tenchi with long hair too. He didn't look like such a red-neck for a change ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Question!
Do you know if this version is "completely" uncut? I first saw Tenchi Forever on fansub and there was a very sensual scene that was edited somewhat in the actual DVD I bought and having given up my fansub haven't been able to find a copy quite so uncut! It can only be about 30 seconds of 'ahem' action shall we say, but I was most disappointed to find it not there on the official disc :cry:

I haven't seen the original fansub version, but lets just say there certainly was 'nakedness' in that particular 30 second scene. I'm assuming it was uncut, but to be sure, I suggest you contact either MVM (they will often respond very fast) or FUNimation.

Back