New Release Date Changes for Manga Animatsu

N

NormanicGrav

Not long after we confirmed some release date changes for Anime Limited, there are also some changes for Manga Animatsu as well.

Announced via social media, Manga Animatsu stated that a couple titles will be pushed back due to unforeseen delays.

Ushio & Tora‘s complete DVD collection will now be released sometime in early 2018. The good news is that the limited deluxe edition Blu-ray release will remain unchanged.

Katsuhiro Otomo’s Steamboy has been pushed back slightly by 2 weeks to 30th October 2017 and Satoshi Kon’s Paprika has been pushed back slightly by 2 weeks as well to 6th November 2017. Both of these are standard combo pack releases so it shouldn’t cause too much concern in terms of production.

Soul Eater‘s complete Blu-ray collection will also be pushed back to 27th November 2017. These are expected to use the Funimation master.

And last (but probably least given the distributor), the KAZE UK release of JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure (2012 adaptation) has been pushed way back into early 2018. The set will contain both Part 1: Phantom Blood and Part 2: Battle Tendency arcs from the 2012 anime adaptation.

Now for some good news. The anime mini-series Halo Legends will be returning to home video via a new Halo collection coming out by Manga Entertainment. Halo Legends was initially released under Warner Bros but it will now be back in a collection alongside the other live-action western properties Manga licensed that are part of the Halo franchise; Forward Unto Dawn, Night Fall, and Fall of Reach. It will be available on 23rd October 2017.

Continue reading...

Oddly enough, the Halo Legends re-release is probably the most interesting thing here. Partly because Halo's one of my favourite things ever.

I actually thought Legends was a damned solid little collection of vignettes. I don't mind the other films in that collection, either!

Back