New "Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: The Rebellion" trailer airs

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
On 26th October, the sequel to the highly popular&nbsp;<em>Puella Magi Madoka Magica&nbsp;</em>dark fantasy Magical Girl anime will be released in select Japanese cinemas.&nbsp;<em>Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion&nbsp;</em>is the third theatrical outing from SHAFT and Aniplex's surprise hit, following the release of the two recap movies&nbsp;<em>Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 1: Beginnings</em>&nbsp;and&nbsp;<em>Part 2: Eternal</em>&nbsp;last year.

Today, a new trailer for the upcoming movie was shown on the Japanese morning television program&nbsp;<em>Mezamashi Terebi</em>, which featured the recently revealed new character Nagase Mamoe and the new ClariS song&nbsp;<em>Colourful</em>, which will be the movie's opening theme song. The segment also reveals a new type of villain, called a&nbsp;<em>Nightmare,&nbsp;</em>with Aoi Yuki (the voice of Madoke Kaname) making clear that despite their similar appearances, they are not witches.

The movie opens in Japan on 26th October, with the Unites States, Canada and France slated to receive showings of the movie later this year.

Source

&nbsp;

Re: New

Personally, I'm very curious as to what they're doing with the sequel.

Due to the synopsis, we know it’s a sequel but these clips do make me think. I think it’s inevitable that we’re going to have more timeline shenanigans, because well, Sayaka is there. Also, the Kyoko scenes seem awfully similar to scenes early on in the series, with Kyoko replacing Hitomi (Good!).

The fact that we have Nightmares, but not witches or wraiths is another interesting point as it was established at the end of the series that wraiths replaced witches in the current timeline.

There are also so many theories regarding Nagase Mamoe. Some are suggesting that she is Charlotte in human form, others are guessing she might have something to do with the timelines. Considering that Mami was seen holding a very rough Charlotte doll in the trailer...hmm...

And Kyoko, what is up with your arm? It's scaring Madoka:
1235311_10151786777757976_2072752224_n.jpg

sanji no 1 said:
Oh Sweet Jesus there are movies of this show? ITS NOT THAT GOOD!!
Movies 1-2 were released last year, which recapped the series. This final one is a sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: New

sanji no 1 said:
Oh Sweet Jesus there are movies of this show? ITS NOT THAT GOOD!!

On the basis they not only made a follow up movie to the series but also redid the series as 2 movies I'd say a fair few people would disagree with you. But hey, ton on Anime out there, no point worrying about one you dislike eh?

Looks like we get a nice set piece close range gun battle from that trailer. The appearance of several characters you'd not expect definitely suggests shenanigans of some sort, we shall wait and see.

Back