New MangaUK Podcast Licences

Ath

Pokémon Master
Podcast in the usual place:

-Hellsing (the original series) on DVD, later on in the year.

-Last Exile re-released on DVD on June 17th. (And the most unsubtle hint ever that they have Fam as well :p)

-Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple on DVD at last, two boxsets, first one in June

-Lupin III: A Woman Named Fujiko Mine, DVD and Bluray Q3

-K-ON! the Movie on DVD and Blu-ray. Season 2 hinted at.

You forgot this one:

- The Production I.G feature film Loups=Garous - The Motion Picture is also being released in the second quarter.

I didnt know this one but looks my style.

Regardings the other announcements, i might go for Hellsing and Lupin III, not sure yet.

Regarding the rerelease of high school of the dead:

The extra OAV episode ("Drifters of the Dead") on the reissued Highschool of the Dead will be subtitled-only, unless Sentai dubs it. It was not offered to Manga when the series was originally released by the company. Manga is investigating ways of making the episode available as an individual disc.

Ahhh yes, I heard them discussing the pronunciation of the "=" sign in the title, but I skipped over most of that section to get to the Ask Manga UK section and missed that they actually announced it :oops:

Kenichi, Last Exile, Lupin all take my fancy. And if Lupin is being released on Blu-Ray, that's all the more temptation for me. We'll see what comes of this later on.

Joshawott said:
Do I get Sentai Filmwork's K-ON! movie or MangaUK's.

Nice to see them grab Lupin III though!
For me, Sentai for consistency with season 2, or if Manga's release has white subtitles I'll possibly get that. (Why do we still have big yellow subtitles?)
I'll probably wait for the Manga release for Lupin though. I never watched it when it aired, and since Funi haven't announced a release date yet, the Q3 Manga release shouldn't be too far behind it. Then again Funi always win me over with artboxes >_>

Ath said:
Ahhh yes, I heard them discussing the pronunciation of the "=" sign in the title, but I skipped over most of that section to get to the Ask Manga UK section and missed that they actually announced it :oops:
Only just started the podcast... I've seen = used in place of a space in foreign names for goodness knows what reason, so I assume it is not pronounced at all.

Ath said:
-Hellsing (the original series) on DVD, later on in the year.

-Last Exile re-released on DVD on June 17th. (And the most unsubtle hint ever that they have Fam as well :p)

-Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple on DVD at last, two boxsets, first one in June

Never bought/seen these series, so it will be a good chance to get them.

Ath said:
-Lupin III: A Woman Named Fujiko Mine, DVD and Bluray Q3

I hope some Italian distributor will announce this series, otherwise I'll get the BD.

- The Production I.G feature film Loups=Garous - The Motion Picture is also being released in the second quarter.

Anime movies are always welcome.

Teo

I wouldn't really see the point in releasing the K-ON Movie if they didn't do S2 as well. Hopefully they do. Very much a hooray from me on the Mine Fujiko license.

Lupin, Kenichi, Last Exile and Hellsing will all be on my radar, so I'm interested in most of what they've picked up.

Most people know that I'm fed up with the K-ON franchise now, so the movie doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Mangaranga said:
For me, Sentai for consistency with season 2, or if Manga's release has white subtitles I'll possibly get that. (Why do we still have big yellow subtitles?)
Manga seem to prefer white subtitles when authoring their own discs (Ninja Scroll?) but otherwise we're at the mercy of Sentai (BIG, bright yellow subtitles) or Madman (smaller, paler yellow subtitles).

I quite like the first series of K-ON, so I'd be interested in picking up S2 on BD. I'll probably buy Funimation's release of Lupin Fujiko for better subtitles and packaging. Otherwise... meh.

EDIT: Manga used white and not yellow subtitles for Ninja Scroll. D'oh.

Lupin and K-On have my interest, maybe Last Exile depending on price.

Am I the only person who likes yellow subs? Eva 1.11 (UK BD) had white subs that kept blending into the background, so I was to busy straining to read them and not paying attention to the actual pictures in some scenes. Eva 2.22 (UK BD) switched to yellow subs with a black outline and I could watch the movie much more easily. Much better imo.

Back