New Kickstarter launched to make anime film of Implosion video game

Ian Wolf

Harem King
AUKN Staff
A new Kickstarter project has been launched to make an anime film adaptation of the video game Implosion - Never Lose Hope. 

The film, to be entitled Implosion: ZERO_DAY, is based on a mobile game that was released in April 2015 and set 20 years prior to the story in the game. The project is managed by Mentat Studios, who previously managed the successful Kickstarter project for the OVA Under the Dog, is seeking $400,000 before 19th January 2016.

Synopsis 

All regular matter, the entire Earth, and everything ever observed by humans, adds up to less than 5% of the "known" universe. Dark matter harbours the face of reality that is invisible to us; but what if the dark universe came out of hiding? In an age when our planet has been pushed beyond the limit of population control, the only viable alternative is to search for a new home. The technology that promised to take us to new stars has brought with it far more than we’ve bargained for. In the year 2179, Earth makes first contact with extra-terrestrial life, as a result of bold, scientific experiments in faster than light travel.

Link to Kickstarter

The Under the Dog people have been plugging this lately.
Never heard of the game, while Mentat are managing it or whatever, the project is actually Taiwanese.
My initial impression, glancing at it on a mobile, was that Isabella has stolen her outfit from the set of Gargantia...

This is probably just me but I found the rewards list slightly confusing to look at. I wasn't always sure exactly what you get with each. I think part of the issue is that one of them is an "early bird" version of another reward and it doesn't seem as clearly indicated as usual (what with having a different title and such).

I like the character designs but I'm not sure it's the kind of thing I'd be interested in anyway (at least not going in blind).

Back