New Evangelion movie in Japanese theaters on 1st September

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
AnimeNation News are reporting that the first of four new Neon Genesis Evangelion movies will premiere in Japanese theaters on 1st September, while a short teaser trailer will be released soon.

Also, fans of the apocalyptic mecha franchise may be interested to learn that the Japanese katana spelling of "Evangelion" has been changed to "Wevangeliwon."

I look forward to seeing this trailer more than anything because it will be the first real indicator to what to expect. I have not been this exciting about a trailer since the first trailer for 'The Lord of the Rings' was released in 1999! :D

McIcy said:
I have really got to start watching this series haven't I

I have a copy on sale if you want :wink:

Great news. If its out the 1st of sep I wonder when ADV will get around to releasing it over in the states followed up here. Im guessing a year at the very least so sep 2008 with any luck? Doubt it but you never know.

I'm a bit concerned about this. I know a series of Neon Genesis Evangelion films were announced a while back, but they must have been pretty deep into production if the first one is being premiered in September.

I just don't think if the live action films could have been in "development" for that long what with the lack of detail in regards to them.

Still, maybe they'll be great...

The reason the live action movie has barely moved since it was announced 4 years ago is because it hasn't yet got the full budget, support or drive to push it forward. I think these films will be used to try and reenergize the project, but time will tell.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I don't know why ADV are bothering raising money for that Eva movie. It sings bargin bin flop from the rooftops.

I hope to be proven wrong (as I'm sure WFTDaveMustaine would too), but I think he might have it spot-on here. But I'll be well chuffed to be proven wrong. :D

As would I but I just know they will change too much and rely simply on apparent 'excellent' looking CGI action rather than character development.

Re: New Evangelion movie in Japanese theaters on 1st Septemb

Paul said:
AnimeNation News are reporting that the first of four new Neon Genesis Evangelion movies will premiere in Japanese theaters on 1st September, while a short teaser trailer will be released soon.

Also, fans of the apocalyptic mecha franchise may be interested to learn that the Japanese katana spelling of "Evangelion" has been changed to "Wevangeliwon."

Even more interesting is the fact that this new spelling sounds like Jonathan Ross is trying to say it! :lol:

maybe it actually sounds like 'evangelion' when he tries to say the new phrasing, kinda reversing the process.

Hope i can actually make sense of the ending to EVA this time around, the latest newtype also hinted at a new character/enemy.

GAINAX's official website confirmed that "Rebuild of Evangelion" will consist of four movies. The first three movies will be an alternate retelling of the TV series (including many new scenes, settings, backgrounds, characters)

come on Angelic Days!!!!

i can dream :(

on a slightly unrelated note bout the live movie should we be worried that

Untitled Evangelion Project aka "Evangelion Live Action Movie" (ELAM)
or "Live Action Evangelion Movie" (LAEM)

can also be reworded to "Live Aciton Movie : Evangelion" or (LAME) :?

Back