New complete series sets from ADV?

Sakimori

Magical Girl
I'm not sure if this has been talked about before but I couldn't see it anywhere. I've noticed Play.com are listing boxsets for:

. Chrono Crusade *Stated release date of 15/10/2007*
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3437597/ ... oduct.html
. Full Metal Panic! *Stated release date of 05/11/2007*
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3437623/ ... oduct.html
And yet another Neon Genesis Evangelion Collection, this time a Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Collection. *This one doesn't have a date yet*
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3385686/ ... oduct.html

I'm defiantly picking up all three of these sets. I wish ADV would hurry up and launch a Noir boxset in the UK :roll:
Ah well this is all good news.

I think the Platnium Collection might be a 'regular' version of the one that came in a tin a while ago (and that I have ^_^)

I'll be picking up the FMP! one, anyway!

CitizenGeek said:
I think the Platnium Collection might be a 'regular' version of the one that came in a tin a while ago (and that I have ^_^)

I'll be picking up the FMP! one, anyway!

Yes I kind of assume thats what the Evangelion set would be. The tin set is really expensive.

i noticed them a while back, but never mentioned them, i thought i saw a Fumuffu one as well, but i bet i didn't. still they are all quite pricy.

The prices are just lame. I hope ADV UK fails. You could buy the clearout sale items of each of these series for maybe £5 a disc... It'd be alright if this was a quality release, but it isn't.

DaNiMe said:
The prices are just lame. I hope ADV UK fails. You could buy the clearout sale items of each of these series for maybe £5 a disc... It'd be alright if this was a quality release, but it isn't.
huh, never seen anything uk anime wise sell for any less than £9 (Astroboy 80's best episode collection).

agreed with the prices, i got the thin pack FMP set for £60 2 years ago when it was in it's prime, it's probually worth about £40 max now

The prices do all seem a bit ridiculous - maybe Play.com have just messed up? I think that the sooner we get to the releases of these sets, the realy price will be become clearer?

Saw these (apart from NGE) on my Play.com anime search before.

Already have the R1 5-disc thinpak Chrno Crusade box set, got it for £20-25. The 7-disc R2 box set will probably have worse box set, a crappy case with plastic disc holders and have worse video quality...for £55.99.

Anime series will never sell in the UK until they are priced like any other TV show.

For the quality of these sets I would say that a markup of £25.99 would be a more than reasonable price. I wouldn't hand over anymore for them than that.

It's daylight robbery when you look at how well deigned the R1 box sets are - My R1 Chrno Crusade and Gungrave thinkpak box sets look awesome, with the added bonus of each DVD having a case.

Going on my ADV Dai-Guard box set, these will all look like cheap £15 box sets.

We're yet to see Amazon's price for any of these. Amazon usually sell them cheeper than play. Or at least they seam to from what i've seen. Or people can do what I do a lot and buy from second sellers on Amazon after they've been released. If your careful to check feedback and so on you can pick up some real bargins that way :p.

All anime box sets are evenly priced - Nearly all £40-45. Old and/or crappy series are priced the same as new and/or popular series.

Rumbling Hearts (KGNE) for £31.99 is a great example, as is the best price being £36.99 for Elfen Lied. :eek:

Conan-san said:
DaNiMe said:
huh, never seen anything uk anime wise sell for any less than £9 (Astroboy 80's best episode collection).

Go look at the sales section.

For the Evangelion box set. I'm expecting the platinum thin pack that that America got.

I noticed the FMP! box set a while ago. Rather get individual volumes methinks.

Jayme said:
For the Evangelion box set. I'm expecting the platinum thin pack that that America got.

I wouldn't bet on it. I mean let's face it... ADV UK putting some effort into making a nice release... you've got to be kidding.

Back