New Code Geass Series ?

hopeful_monster

Thousand Master
According to Megami magazine, Sunrise Code Geass team hinted a possible new anime of "Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch" in the interview.

Spoiler Warning! Do not see the spoiler if you haven't finished Code Geass R2.
Sunrise Code Geass Team said:

As we keep on telling you, "Even though Lelouch died(?), Geass lives on."

We've already put an end to the series but we're hoping for making something more. In the near future, we may be able to announce something new.
Original article (in Japanese)
...could be Best thing EVA or Flogging a dead horse. Not quite sure yet, but not suprised they aren't letting this lucrative series rest in it's grave yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i read that mentioned on ANN a couple days back, i kinda guessed it would continue. All we really know is that Lelouch of the Rebellion is over, but that by no means that Code Geass is over. Some have speculated that Nightmare of Nunnally could be the thing to be animated, but i'd hope for a continuation, hopefully not just making it so that it turns out that its basically milking it.

Arbalest said:
i'd hope for a continuation, hopefully not just making it so that it turns out that its basically milking it.
Sunrise churning out endless sequels of a poplar series to make money. That would never happen. Please ignore the toxic levels of cynicism leaking out of my keyboard.

It's like I said when R2 ended: 'Code Geass: Suzaku of the Rebellion'. :wink:

I'm sceptical really. The second series was a mess in places, but it did manage to scrape together a decent ending in spite of that. A continuation is likely to spoil that by stretching the waning formula any further. Still, I always try to be optomistic. I'm sure if they reinvent it somehow it could work.

OVA's or a film sound like the way to go, another series would be excessive - though I imagine that's what we'll be getting anyway :(

Wildcard said:
It's like I said when R2 ended: 'Code Geass: Suzaku of the Rebellion'. :wink:
I dunno... I've not read any of the novels, but I dont see Suzaku as an egocentric character, able to create artistic and spectacular strategies and plans. Sure, he can snap, but he's good in a mecha, not on the game-plan.

I hope it's something new, possibly with cameo of some of the original cast. I.e. Lelouch takes a back seat to someone else, popping up to assist the lead character. It should be a "Years since" kind of thing, and maybe a power that rivals the strength of the Geass.

But I'm looking forward to it either way.

Back