New Banners!? Why Thanks U

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
I've noticed the new banners that come up at the top of each page.

Very Smart

So how bout we spice this up and let some of the other users come up with something. So long as it includes our mascot of course

They actually are really good, glad they got rid of the Chibi look of the mascot and gave her more... character.

EDIT: The original banner even now still appears after I have posted. lol. Will this ever be corrected?

For one banner I've seen the banner doesn't merge well with the space at the top that the banner sits next to.

Edit: Make that two.

You're supposed to change your brightness and contrast settings the forum specified levels now guys, didn't you know? :roll:

WRT the banners, yeah, I like 'em. But how come now we've got manga-style Coldstream Guards we didn't get a manga-style Queen as well?

ayase said:
You're supposed to change your brightness and contrast settings the forum specified levels now guys, didn't you know? :roll:
What are you talking about? No amount of contrast altering will change the fact the backgrounds don't even match

Maxon said:
ayase said:
What are you talking about? No amount of contrast altering will change the fact the backgrounds don't even match
If you turn the brightness way, way up (on my monitor at least) you don't notice it anymore - but by then all pale colours have been eliminated and it hurts your eyes to look at the monitor. It was only a joke anyway. It's not like I was seriously accusing you guys of using the wrong brighness / contrast setting. :lol:

The new banners are slightly bigger than the old one's. The problem is that they've been compressed to the old banner size and that's most likely why the banner doesn't match the gradient flow. That needs to be fixed because right now they look smushed up.

Blame me for the smileys, it seemed like a good idea when we were going to give the whole website a new mascot makeover. Shame, for one reason or the other everything just stuck the way it was and the mascot idea kinda faded away.

I think Otaku-San has a great idea there about more banners. Why not have others submit banners that include our mascot? Maybe start another competition to try and get things more active around here. :)

I like the smileys, I just don't like the fact they space out your text if you use them because they're too big.. Maybe try make them smaller?

Aaron said:
CitizenGeek said:
Speaking of the mascot, I think it's high time we replaced those hideous "customised" smileys for the orignals.
Yes please!

To be honest I have no idea of what you guys are talking about.
Since I've joined the forums these have always been the smileys here.

chaos said:
To be honest I have no idea of what you guys are talking about.
Since I've joined the forums these have always been the smileys here.
I don't think they have...they weren't changed that long ago. They used to be the standard yellow BB forum smilies.

Much easier to see what they were meant to be than these ones.

banners look.....different.....could do with a comp like someone said....just put the dynamics of the banner up for people to see then whoever has the best ones will naturally go up :thumb: sounds like a good idea.

right....down to busines....Aaron, who's the girl in your avatar!?!?! *drool*

CitizenGeek said:
Speaking of the mascot, I think it's high time we replaced those hideous "customised" smileys for the orignals.

seconded... i always thought they looked like little Aaron carters with umm... i dont know the non racist name for it... Pakistani dots? lol

and i also hate the new banners... they look like dooki

Cmon chaos, I know you're busy but the scaling on those banners really needs sorting! Shouldn't take long to do. EDIT: Nevermind, somewhere along the line the colours seem to have got messed up so the gradient doesn't match up.

And skikes, just for future reference those dots are generally worn by people of Hindu faith and represent the third eye.

skikes said:
seconded... i always thought they looked like little Aaron carters with umm... i dont know the non racist name for it... Pakistani dots? lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindi_(decoration)

Bollywood films are informative.

I don't personally mind the icons (took me ages to realise the black was hair, but I am a bit stupid). If anyone has some creative juices rotting away and wants to see if they can improve them I'm sure we'd all be interested to see.

But if anyone has any original banner ideas, I suggest they hold onto them for the moment... ;)

R

I was thinking about pakistani dots, then I realized pakistani people don't use those, as pointed by Sy and Rui. It got me wondering for a while though.

The new banners were removed for the time being, I'll try to scale them properly when I have some time.

Apologies for not being present lately. As soon as this week is over, I'll hopefully will have some time to concentrate on things here.

Back