New Anime Releases for Monday:

Birdy: The Mighty - Decode Part 2

(RRP: £24.99)

19511326_500x500_1.jpg

The Sacred Blacksmith Complete Series
(RRP: £39.99)

19511332_500x500_1.jpg

Anime to be Released the Week After:
(Blu-ray) TO: 2001 Nights OVA (RRP: £24.99)
TO: 2001 Nights OVA (RRP: £19.99)
Anime Legend: Gundam 00 Complete Season One (RRP: £29.99)
Bleach: Complete Series 6 (RRP: £39.99)
Bleach: Series 7 Part 1 (RRP: £24.99)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Space: Volume 2 of 3 (RRP: £29.99)

Right, my hand is now on my wallet ready to buy both volumes of Birdy, just as soon as someone can confirm that the spine art lines up.

Yeah, something's causing me to hold back. Although that U.S. cover art sure gets the UK one and beats the living **** out of it.

ayase said:
Right, my hand is now on my wallet ready to buy both volumes of Birdy, just as soon as someone can confirm that the spine art lines up.
Heh.

The first half of Birdy is average, despite being inexplicably highly rated seemingly everywhere, but the second half is supposed to be a lot better. I'm not entirely convinced so I may wait for a sale.

Blacksmith... eh. From what I gather that doesn't have much more than boobs going for it.

The first half of Birdy focuses on Tsutomu while the second half focuses on Birdy, naturally Birdy is the more interesting character and dat animation. Although they changed it in the DVD release, so I'm kinda upset about that.

Also you're crazy if you buy Sacred Blacksmith for that price!

Nah Fabby, that show is alright you know. It's just that they stop in the middle of the story (LN adaptation), seemingly expecting a second season that was never going to come.

ilmaestro said:
Nah Fabby, that show is alright you know. It's just that they stop in the middle of the story (LN adaptation), seemingly expecting a second season that was never going to come.
So it's half-finished and will likely forever remain so? You're not exactly selling it to me here!

I'm fairly sure the retail price for Sacred Blacksmith is £30 and not £40. That's what it says at Anime-on-Line. The set is below £18 at the usual places.

No, I mean, I wasn't trying to sell you on it "as such", just generally sticking up for it having some level of quality above "boobs". ^^; For £18 I would still buy it, if I didn't already get the R1 release for the nice box.

Lupus said:
The first half of Birdy focuses on Tsutomu while the second half focuses on Birdy, naturally Birdy is the more interesting character and dat animation. Although they changed it in the DVD release, so I'm kinda upset about that.

Also you're crazy if you buy Sacred Blacksmith for that price!

They changed the animation!? What? How? why?

Someone please explain to me as I was looking forward to trying out Birdy.

There was a problem with the US release of Birdy where Funimation couldn't get a creditless version of an ending sequence and so, rather than risk foreigners injuring themselves through seeing the original Japanese, they shrunk the entire ending video and played their more-important English credits nearby instead.

They did something similar with Seto no Hanayome; creditless ending wasn't available so they cropped part of the image and zoomed it (with an incredibly noticeable pixelated mess) in to make their English version.

I assume that with Birdy the UK edition will have the tampered-with credits still, because the chances of them fixing that for us are remote (e.g. Haruhi s2 audio).

I was planning on passing on Birdy anyway as it's not really my kind of thing, and I already have the R1 LE for Sacred Blacksmith, which I enjoyed. So nothing for me this week!

R

Hmm, well as long as the credits are the only thing effected that ok I guess.

I'm not really sure if Birdy is my thing either yet, but the animation looks kinda nice and I think the review on this site was rather favourable so I think I'll try it.

Back