New Anime Releases - 17/05/2015

IncendiaryLemon said:
Didn't expect the Log Horizon parts to release so close to each other. Didn't part 1 just come out a week or two back?

The release of Part 1 was delayed (originally April) and with Part 2 staying still I guess MVM just left it as it is.

I already own Durarara!! multiple times and I didn't get along with Log Horizon. Good to see everything is available on BD this week :)

R

Interested in Durarara, might buy it when the price comes down. Interested in Log Horizon too, literally just because of the OP :p. Will probably wait for either a Complete Set or price drop.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Interested in Durarara, might buy it when the price comes down. Interested in Log Horizon too, literally just because of the OP :p. Will probably wait for either a Complete Set or price drop.
The collectors edition of Durarara that was released last year on bluray is currently £23 on Amazon. You will need to get the discs replaced though.

Received the Durarara BD set as part of AtA's disc replacement scheme for the CE. Now that I've switched the discs around I'm not really sure what to do with this standard version tbh.

Log Horizon can wait until a complete set emerges (assuming that happens).

For those waiting on a complete Log Horizon, are you waiting for a complete Season 1, or a complete Season 1 & 2?

EDIT: My own opinion is that you should't wait on this one, as right now MVM are releasing Season 1 as BD and DVD. Should they licence Season 2, and should they release that on Blu-ray will surely depend on how Season 1 does. But that's just my tuppence ha'penny

Personally, I was talking Season 1. I'm always a little tentative about buying parts as I tend to buy one then take a long time buying a second part as my money seems to go towards buying more full series. For example, I bought Steins;Gate part 1 and it took me so long to get part 2 that the complete collection had come out so I just sold my Part 1 and bought the full set as it was cheaper. Currently I have FMA Brotherhood Part 1 which I bought in about January or February and I have still yet to buy Part 2. That and a full collection looks better on a shelf than individual parts and takes up less room. Obviously that's just a personal thing, I don't know about anyone else.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Personally, I was talking Season 1. I'm always a little tentative about buying parts as I tend to buy one then take a long time buying a second part as my money seems to go towards buying more full series. For example, I bought Steins;Gate part 1 and it took me so long to get part 2 that the complete collection had come out so I just sold my Part 1 and bought the full set as it was cheaper. Currently I have FMA Brotherhood Part 1 which I bought in about January or February and I have still yet to buy Part 2. That and a full collection looks better on a shelf than individual parts and takes up less room. Obviously that's just a personal thing, I don't know about anyone else.

Nah, I'm the same.

I much prefer the look of complete sets so I'll tend to wait out for them, with a few exceptions. Those being Anime Ltd's Bebop Collector sets. If the two parts look nice enough I'll go for them, if its standard sets I won't bite unless it's a show I really want to watch ASAP..Like Steins Gate & the Monogatari series, I bought the parts of those for marathon viewing & cause I had heard so many great things about the shows I had to get my hands on em! I do intend to pick up the complete sets at some point but not a priority.

Log I can wait for. I enjoyed the show while it aired and will be purchasing the (potential) complete set when available.

I guess I like to buy individual parts because I like to support the releases, I don't think £40 or so is too bad for a 24-26 episode show either (might partly depend on the show). That said, I do have a fairly large backlog and I keep adding to it so I often have shows waiting that I could have got cheaper if I'd been more patient. I wouldn't say I regret it very often though.

I got the Log Horizon set 2 and I notice that the discs have the wrong episode numbering. Disc 1 is 14-21 and Disc 2 is 22-25 but they say "14-19" and "20-25". It doesn't seem like anything is actually missing so I guess it's okay (I haven't actually watched it yet, was just checking the discs).

I already have the previous Durarara!! release so I don't really need the standard edition.

Back