New Anime Releases - 13/12/2015

I'm reviewing Samurai Harem for the site, should be up over the next couple of days. Not really heard of Infinite Stratos but the cover makes it look like it could be my cup of tea although I am fairly reluctant to buy DVDs nowadays.

Neither are titles I am overly interested in. The angle that Asu no Yoichi cover is drawn from is funny.

A week of blushing girls ^^;

R

Would have bought IS2 if it was released on blu-ray but i'll just eventually get Sentai's release. Not interested in Samurai Harem.

Seems to be rare now that we see MVM releasing any of their shows on Blu-ray as well as DVD, is it because it's not being released on Blu-ray in AUS or is there another reason?

DragonBlaze67 said:
Would have bought IS2 if it was released on blu-ray but i'll just eventually get Sentai's release. Not interested in Samurai Harem.

Seems to be rare now that we see MVM releasing any of their shows on Blu-ray as well as DVD, is it because it's not being released on Blu-ray in AUS or is there another reason?

When it comes to Infinite Stratos 2, there's two reasons - 1) Australia doesn't have one. 2) TBS is holding back the Blu-ray release in the US.

Kind of feels like a catch-22 for many MVM titles - no Blu-Ray = low sales, but that's pretty much a chicken/egg situation.

IS is kind of terrible, but I just can't resist a show where Britain has Best Girl. That said, I am no more likely to buy a DVD in 2015 than I am a VHS, so.

crashmatt said:
Infinate Stratos is kinda interesting Samurai Harem is the type of show that really doesn't deserve a physical release.

Honestly, the English title of the show really betrays it. It isn't even really a straight up Harem show. The show is actually quite enjoyable.

Back