Strike Witches: Complete Season 1
(RRP: £24.99)

21660588_500x500_1.jpg

Vampire Knight Guilty: Complete Series
(RRP: £34.99)

21660593_500x500_1.jpg

Anime to be Released the Week After:
Bleach: Series 7 Part 2 (RRP: £24.99)

Oh yeah, JPT mentioned something about that the other day. It sounds like a disc rather than a player issue because it only affects certain episodes, but I'll wait for other reviews or word from Manga before writing it off completely...

No interest in Freedom and already (tragically) have Strike Witches. I might pick up the Vampire Knight set or I might wait until Expo. I should bump s1 up my queue this week to find out whether I'll be in for s2 ^^;

R

Beez/Bandai got my Freedom money in the hope that there would be more beautifully packaged international releases. Alas, it was not to be.

::shakes fist at Bandai, then turns and shakes fist at the rest of you cheapskates::

Already got the Beez release of Freedom. Will wait on Strike Witches (Funi announced a blu-ray version but it has since disappeared from their release schedule).

So as long as the defective blu-ray run sells out and requires a re-press you'll be fine...

I feel for them as I know it's expensive to do, but broken original audio is not acceptable at all. At least they have explained, at last.

R

How often do anime titles sell enough in the UK to warrant a reprint?
I fear the only way that we'll see Freedom discs with the correct audio for sale is if Manga do a recall of the existing stock, and shell out for a second run without the sales of the first run to warrant it, basically paying double.

I don't think that will happen. I lived with the out of sync audio on the Ghost in the Shell DVD for five years before Manga released the 'Special Edition', and Ghost in the Shell is a magnitude more well known and significant a title than Freedom.

Rui said:
So as long as the defective blu-ray run sells out and requires a re-press you'll be fine...

R

Who's gonna buy a defective disc?

Just Passing Through said:
Not me. I was looking forward to this release having passed on the expensive Bandai Visual version, but out-of-sync audio makes it a non-starter. The chances of it being fixed any time soon seem rather slim.

How likely is it that the Madman release will have the same issue? I'm not sure whether they use the same discs.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Just Passing Through said:
Not me. I was looking forward to this release having passed on the expensive Bandai Visual version, but out-of-sync audio makes it a non-starter. The chances of it being fixed any time soon seem rather slim.

How likely is it that the Madman release will have the same issue? I'm not sure whether they use the same discs.

These are Madman sourced discs. But the UK release preceded the AU release, and the Manga problem was noted on the Madboards prior to that release, so I can only guess that those in Madman were aware of the issue. The fact that Manga talk about a corrected master also hints that Madman might have been able to avoid the problem.

If the Madman Blu-rays are out of sync, then it would be a screw up on a Haruhi S2 level. and what are the chances of that happening... oh... :p

Back