19511317_500x500_1.jpg

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom Part 1 of 2
(RRP: £24.99)

21660180_500x500_1.jpg

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit Complete Series
(RRP: £29.99)

22626118_500x500_1.jpg

Anime to be Released the Week After:
(Blu-ray and DVD) Freedom: Collectors Edition - Double Play (RRP: £34.99)
Freedom (RRP: £24.99)
Strike Witches: Complete Season 1 (RRP: £24.99)
Vampire Knight Guilty: Complete Series (RRP: £34.99)

Nothing for me, but anyone who hasn't already got Moribito should go for it as it's fantastic.

I'll probably get VKG from next week, though not in any hurry.

R

Probably going to pick Moribito up shortly, I've been looking at it for a while, and finally decided to look at the storyline and sounds quite interesting :)

@Invisible Crane
well iv just watched it and let me out it to you this way-
its as close to the anime you can get
a few characters are missing
a few monsters are missing
one new weapon that wasn't shown in the anime

but besides that it was worth the 2 hours of watching
it so freakin close to the anime its unbelievable.
i really enjoyed it.
if you look half way though the credits and at the end of the credits it show you a look of the next gantz movie

Whoops I managed to confuse myself. After seeing the cover in the cover thread a while back I thought this Phantom Requiem was a rerelease(?) of Kurau Phantom Memory, then a sequel and now after help from wikipedia I notice it's from a completely different series ^^;;

Might try it, I'm normally willing to give the ~£15 ~12/13 boxsets a go as a blind buy

Don't compare Gantz the movie to Gantz the anime or the manga, you'll be doing the movie a disservice.

Accept that the movie is a summer blockbuster, alien fighting antics with a decent SFX budget and with thin characters, and you'll have a blast.

Start expecting deep and complex characterisation, excessive violence, social comment, and the intricacies of the Gantz game and the various rules, and you'll be disappointed. The ages of the characters have been changed, there is less explicit secuality, just one discreet scene of nudity, and Kurono isn't a loser pervert anymore. The actor who plays Nishi, indeed the Nishi character is the biggest letdown in the film. But for alien fighting SFX action, it keeps you on the edge of your seat for 2 hours. And best of all, it doesn't have the standing around, talking while the alien kindly waits, filler of the anime.

Just seen the films much better than the shite anime version. They have toned down the perviness of kei thank god. There is none of the characters just standing around talking when the alien is just standing there. All the great action and violence is there through so it is a winner. Still paper thin characters are still there so you won't care when they die!

Back